6/15 WT - WT Society can Run it's Business - but JW's Can't Have their Own

by flipper 78 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

WASBLIND- Well thank you Was, I love you to death as well ! Good point that education has always been the right and good thing to do for our children growing up , but the WT society doesn't want ANY of their members to be educated. The dumber the WT leaders can keep their people- the easier they can be controlled. I agree that some welfare and disability is good for those who deserve and need it- however for JW's or anybody to take advantage of the services and yet not act like they're disabled by doing able bodied things or spending money like a drunken sailor - it's using the system.

TORNAPART- Exactly. Too many JW's read this info and allow themselves to be guilted into giving all their time and assets to the WT society and their families become impoverished .

CHARIKLO- Yeah, I don't know WHAT the WT society is thinking dissing self employment and developing or owning your own business. WT society gets benefits from all those self employed JW's for sure building kingdom halls and assembly halls. I knew many self employed JW's when I used to attend.

CARLA- I knew lots of self employed JW's ( including myself years ago ) who used to pioneer due to working weird hours and we would be made to feel guilty if we didn't cram in field service time if we had mornings free. WT society is shooting themselves in the foot with this info.

WALK TALL- Exactly. The JW's should be able to see the insanity and manipulation of this information- but as you say mind control is very, very strong in the Witnesses and these JW's don't even REALIZE what's happening to them. They couldn't even imagine that the WT leaders are taking advantage of them ! The thought wouldn't even occur to them. It's sad.

SKEETER 1 - The WT society IS a drain on humanity ! I agree. With failed prophecies about the time of the end or alleged last days, you'd think modern JW's would wake up - however with many newer JW's joining, they don't know about 1975 and failed prophecies, because the WT society tries to hide that information as it would expose them as dishonest ! It's crazy how the WT society hides it's negative past. It's like George Orwell's 1984 !

WT WIZARD- JW's just don't realize how stagnant of lives they have ! They are wasting their entire lives on a pipedream, very sad. It will never come true.

JAMES_WOODS - It would cause shock waves if most of the JW's read their Watchtowers. I get the feeling these days that only a small percentage of JW's read these WT's initially when they get them, then they snooze through the WT studys like in mind control neutral mode . The few JW's that pay attention to the info anymore will ignore the counsel to not " develop " their businesses and do it anyway. It would be an unenforcable edict by the WT society and as I mentioned it would be shooting themselves in the feet.

THE CRUSHED - Yeah, if you get hassled by the elders for getting your own business started , now your JW wife may harass you. Thought it would be best to inform everybody.

YOUR MOMMA- The WT society really is bringing the hammer down hard. I never read this aggressive of information while I used to attend. Calling earning a living, or developing a business as a " distraction " ? I mean , hell yes it's a distraction, but a necessary one indeed if we want to eat ! I agree with you- the next thing we know the WT society will tell JW's they can't eat or sleep ! It's a cult through and through. Disgusting.

LONG HAIR GAL- Good point that a lot of JW's need to own their own businesses as they definitely have social skill problems n the real world dealing with fellow employees. My youngest JW daughter worked a successful medical office, but as a fanatic JW she got into tiffs with fellow employees because she tried Witnessing to them on company time. She ended up losing the job and it paid well.

BALTAR 447- This definitely is an insane article in which the WT leaders are trying to control even more aggressively the personal lives of JW's. It's getting worse their control methods.

BLINDNOMORE- All JW's ARE disconnected from the real world indeed ! They don't realize that they are being conned, manipulated, or used by a real estate company who is making billions $$$ off of their donations and free labor. I think the thought never crosses rank & file JW's minds. Because they are taught to trust way too much in the motives of the WT leaders. Very sinister.

TOOTIRED2CARE- You're right, it never ends with these $hithead 7 GB members and their writing committee. NOTHING is ever good enough if you are n active JW. They are told to give until it hurts and to not stop. So the wT leaders manipulate JW's to think it's urgent to give because the time is close to Armageddon. So through the use of fear and guilt- JW's are coerced to give all their time, money, and life to this self serving cult. Very sad Be back for pg. 3 responses in a little while.

• flipper
    flipper

O.K. pg. 3 responses

BLINDNOMORE - That's an interesting comment your husband made. I mean, the control the WT society is trying to exercise here is astounding. Who in the hell do they think they are in telling JW's they can't DEVELOP their own businesses ? Apparently they think they are God, it's all I can see.

JOLIETTE- It really is smug and hypocritical of the WT society to say THEY can run a business, but JW's can't develop their own businesses. These are extremely harmful articles to rank & file JW's. It's mind manipulation at it's worst.

MINIMUS- Exactly. It is none of the WT society's business if members start businesses. It would be cool to see elders get deleted for this, but I doubt the WT society would go that far, they'd be shooting down their free labor for assembly halls and kingdom halls !

LA FALTA- This information IS irresponsible and goes beyond what is written for sure. Your dad was very kind to warn you that the WT society leaders didn't have your best interests at heart. At least he was honest with you. I was always told by my elder JW dad that the WT society had my best interests at heart ! Man- did he lie or what ? WT society wouldn't be where they are today if not for all the free labor self employed JW's provided for years ! It's really sick.

WASBLIND- I see the WT society browbeating everybody who isn't at the top of the WT society money laundering shareholders committee.

SNOOZY- I agree with you- I think most if not quite aLL religions are rip offs and con games. The WT society will never be honest with JW members and divulge where all their money goes or profits. They want to keep JW's ignorant as you said and uneducated thus they put the fear of using the Internet into them. WT society is a manipulative, greedy organization through and through.

IAMALLCOOL- Very true. These articles are extremely harmful in controlling JW's.

SOLDIER 77 - The name of the article is " Why Put Jehovah's Service First ? " on pg. 20 in the 6 / 15 WT.

WHA HAPPENED ? - Good point. WT society may be trying to pad numbers in getting unemployed people to go out in service and pioneer. Before I stopped attending for good in 2003, I had an elder tell me to not get materialistic when I told him I had picked up more accounts in my business. I just looked at him and said, " I have to feed my family. " So like yourself I got harassed for being self employed and showing initiative as well.

CHARLIE BROWN JR. - Exactly. JW's are told to " put the kingdom first " which most JW's view as going door to door harassing people. So then they hope manna drops down from heaven and saves them financially, it's so lame.

ICLONE- I see your point. In a way it's a good thing these WT articles are getting so wacky as it's enabling guys like you to show your JW mates how crazy the material is becoming ! It sounds like your JW wife is starting to listen to you ! Cool.

TOOTIRED2CARE- Yes indeed, it does appear the WT society has been giving good " gifts " in wacked out WT articles so they can be exposed even more as an insane cult! Keep em coming WT !

SKEETER 1 - Real estate agents are probably considered worldly ambitious if they sell " worldly " propertys, but if they sell WT society propertys they are considered " spiritual " and selling for God's kingdom. So many double standards it's ridiculous. It wouldn't urprise me at all if the WT society wanted tax information on certain JW's, especially wealthy ones.

LONG HAIR GAL- It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the WT society request tax information from wealthy JW's. I mean they are intruding into every other area of their lives, why not the financial areas ? and just as you mentioned - too many JW's would comply with providing that tax information ! It's just ridiculous I'll come back and reply to pg. 4 in awhile.

• flipper
    flipper

O.K. Now for pg. 4 replies. Thanks for all the great replies !

BONNIE_CLYDE- Who knows ? Maybe the WT society WILL print an article about not working at all ! I wonder what government Noah was under ? Probably none at that time. He probably built boats for a living self employed ! Naughty, naughty !

SIR 82- Pretty funny stuff Sir ! I like your list of OTHER things Noah may have done which complied with WT policy. Very funny !

WHA HAPPENED? - Exactly. Everything is done by the WT society at the expense of the rank & file JW's.

BLUES BROTHER- I knew many JW's who were self employed as well, including myself- but that doesn't seem to stop the WTsociety from intruding in personal areas of life where they have no business intruding into. I hope JW's ignore the advice, I really do.

OPEN MIND- Well, I love you too bro, but the WT articles inference here in my opinion is to discourage JW's from both FOCUSING on AND DEVELOPING a business to the neglect of the alleged " kingdom interests ". Bottom line in my opinion is that the WT society wants to steal away ANY individuality or motivation Witnesses have towards bettering themselves financially and WT leaders want Witnesses to re-direct that energy and motivation into ONLY the WT interests . It's how I see this article. I do not believe the WT society has good motives behind this information. The information is designed to assault the freedoms that individual JW's have. Developing a business and focusing on a business is exactly the same thing. A person cannot run a business WITHOUT developing it or focusing on it.

WASBLIND- I too was accused of NOT focusing on Jehovah when I ran my business as a JW. An elder called me " materialistic " when I'd pick up new accounts. It was ridiculous. I was just feeding my teenage kids. It's so stupid how they treat JW's.

SKEETER 1- Exactly. The WT society WILL make big $$$$ selling their properties while they fleece the flock and steal their incomes and retirements away. So unethical

• Open mind
    Open mind

Flipper: "Bottom line in my opinion is that the WT society wants to steal away ANY individuality or motivation Witnesses have towards bettering themselves financially"

I agree 100%.

And, as usual, I am blown away by what a hospitable thread host you are.

om

• flipper
    flipper

OPEN MIND- Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it . I guess I've become so jaded and untrusting of ANY WT society information having " pure " or helpful motives that I think it's all BS designed to entrap, control, and manipulate JW's and people hoping to become JW's. WT society is like this huge Octopus in my mind with poisonous suction cups waiting to zap innocent, mindless drones. It's insane really

• 00DAD
    00DAD

flipper: I think it's all BS designed to entrap, control, and manipulate JW's and people hoping to become JW's.

That's because it is.

BTW, Mr. Flipper, you have a PM!

• flipper
    flipper

00DAD- Exactly. All WT society propaganda is designed to entrap and manipulate- indeed ! I PMed you back my friend. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, any comments welcome. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

This seems appropriate to bump up as the WT society tries running their business with the " Sparlock " marketing scheme. All comments welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit