6/15 WT - WT Society can Run it's Business - but JW's Can't Have their Own

by flipper 78 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I don't know if someone commented on this yet, but it just occured to me what may be padding the numbers of publvishers and hours. The economy. Unemployed people gotta do something, like look for work. The avg 'dub will consider it an opportunity at a simpler lifestyle and pioneering.

When the economy heats up again, which it will, eventually, watch the numbers go down. The GB knows it.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Wha Happened is Right..........

Most True JW's when in times of Desperation .... money problems.... will throw themselves at the Preaching Work in hope..............

Jah Will Reward their Sacrifice!

Then when life is better.......... watch the HRS.... Plumit!

• iclone
    iclone

As someone who is in a fade and trying desperately to rescue my dear wife from the BORG, I view articles like this as "good news" from a very selfish perspective. Just last week I showed her that comment in the current study article for this Sunday where it made a comment that “the Other Sheep should never forget that their salvation depends on their active support of Christ’s anointed brothers still on earth.” I asked her, do you believe that statement? She did not. Then I showed her that ridiculous comment for the week following regarding supressing fond memories and the WTS warning of “the good old days”. She was in a state of disbelief. Now I can show her this article to further help her realize like me and her children that the WTS is a complete farse. To the writing committee in Brooklyn-THANK YOU!

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

They have been giving good gifts lately; the series a few months back on holy spirit was great material for exposing their lies too.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Some of the JWs in my area are real estate agents. Real estate agents are usually independant contractors. They, own their own business!

Skeeter

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

It's one thing for a church to take 10%, but it's another to not allow your people to make 100%!

Skeeter

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Gosh this reminds me of the pounding i received for buying a busniess back in the 90's. The end will be here in less than 5 years. I guess that was all that 2000 crap. Well no one complained when I hired a dozen dubs or so.

RE's are always independent contractors Skeet. Even if they are employed by a Broker, they get a 1099. At least in Cali

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Yeah, perhaps the Society is goign to ask for copies of all JW tax returns. Anyone who files with income from partnerhips, corporations, or a schedule C is going to be disfellowshipped (or at least, lose priviledges).

So, how many JWs have IRA's? IRAs invests in companies. Some JWs have 401k or stock options? Those also routinely invest in the employer's company. That makes anyone with an IRA, 401k, or stock option plan to be an owner, albeit a part-owner, of a business! And, one only holds an IRA, 401k, or stock option plan due to future growth of the company. They are looking to be able to retire in this System of things. Therefore, a True Christian should sell off his IRA, 401k, and stock option plans as they hold no real value in this dying System. Better to sell those "assets" and give the net proceedsto the Society. The Society is going to put the money to better, Kingdom use.

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

skeeter1..LOL! Well described. (my husband and I are dead now)

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

skeeter1:

Please tell me you are making a joke and are just being sarcastic. The religion has NO right to ask for anybody's tax returns or anybody's SS#. I would laugh in their stupid faces if I ever heard such a thing! Sadly, some JWs are painfully ignorant and would comply with such an illegitimate request.

I don't like to see such things printed even in jest because of the level of ignorance in our society and especially among JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit