6/15 WT - WT Society can Run it's Business - but JW's Can't Have their Own

by flipper 78 Replies latest jw friends

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

What happened with my post? It posted as one huge paragraph. How tiring to read it! Sorry readers.

I told my husband he can blame it on his mentaly deseased apostate wife for our business.

"You can't go to the college. You can't find the job that pays enough to pay bills. That's why you go into business. Now you can't even have your own business?", said my Watchtower apologist husband.

• Joliette
    Joliette

So hyprocritical. I swear the kool aid watchtowers keep getting more and more worse with every year that passes. Its sad that brainwashed people keep reading this smuck!

• minimus
    minimus

It's none of their business!

• La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!!
    La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!!

This article is really irresponsible, and crosses the point of no return when it comes to "going beyond what's written", although that's not something new for the WT. Matter of fact it's typical, although the language is a lot stronger with this one. The thing that kills me about this is, while they do everything in their power to devalue the quality of life for that of their pew, they're not providing any services to assist the average down on their luck JW other than printing the same song and dance of rehashed articles.

My father who's a die-hard JW always told me as a young man that "you have to do what you have to do for yourself, because they don't give a dern about you", they being the WT. I hate organized religion with a passion, yet some organizations do actually contribute some good on behalf of their people in the tradition of the widows looked out for in Acts. I work closely with the local Catholic Charities branch where I reside as they're one of our clients. The services that they provide not only to their own, but the whole community is something they're to be commended for. Even on their website they state that their services are for anyone regardless of religious affiliation. The WT on the other hand can't/won't provide any services to those of their own religious affiliation, and at the same time they pressure JWs to devalue their lives!

Even the encouragement that they offer is like salt in the wound. Can't find a job for lack of a degree? That's great because it gives you more time to pioneer!! You just turned 18 and your parents are giving you the boot because you didn't get baptized and can't find a place to stay? Well don't ask the WT for any housing or apartment assistance despite the millions to billions they're raking in off of real estate. Should have got baptized if you knew what was good for you brat!! Should have been like our version of Timothy! Didn't you watch the Drama last year where we took creative license upon ourselves to fill in the blanks regarding Timothy's life?!?!?

About 3/4 of the elders I know personally are self emlpoyed themselves or work for another brother. I know the figures aren't that high everywhere, but of the ones I know, that's been the case.

The body at our congregation is comprised of 11 men, 6 of which have their own businesses, and 3 of those businesses currently employ active JWs. Also of note, I've seen firsthand how relationships within the congregation have been strained because of what comes with the territory of JWs working for other JWs. A brother told me firsthand that had he continued working for the one brother it would have impossible for him to remain friends with him.

• minimus
    minimus

It would be kewl to see all the elders, pioneers and servants get deleted because they were not setting a proper example.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Imagine an Elder Brow beatin' Oprah and sayin'

" It's only been 147 years scince y'all had the freedom to learn to read and write, couldn't you just wait on the kingdom ???? "

Yea right, Oprah would be better off as a maid, makin' minimum wage, while waitin' on the kingdom

I don't even have to use Oprah as an example, that's what witnesses are tellin' thier own children

• Joliette
    Joliette

Articles like these are extremely harmful to the rank and file JW's.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I saw someone talking about how some religions actually help people..yes they do but it comes at a great price. They rip people off in the name of charity/religions and give very little of it to the people..

As far as the article goes..they want to keep their people ignorant. That way they can't/won't be questioned or challanged on their teachings..
    With the computer age I think they may be losing a lot of members that are getting wise to their lies/ false predictions..

Probably a scary time for them..

The more scared they get the more they will try to isolate their people..keeping them away from computers..their no JW relatives/friends and keeping them in low scale jobs so the only hope they have for a future is the WTBTS's promise of a lovely new paradise if they remain faithful to their religion and forsake all others..

Same old story...been there done that..fool me once shame on you , fool me twice shame on me as they say

Snoozy

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Joliette says "Articles like these are extremely harmful to the rank and file JW's."

I agree 100%

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Maybe I missed it, but what is the name of this article in the 6/15 Study WT? I've downloaded it and can't seem to find it... I'm doing something wrong I know... lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit