6/15 WT - WT Society can Run it's Business - but JW's Can't Have their Own

by flipper 78 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods

Isn't this kind of a BIG DEAL - maybe even NEW LIGHT?

I have heard many times about avoiding college, entering the full-time service, etc...but cannot recall EVER hearing it said to "not enter a private business". I would think this will cause shome shock waves - about half (or more) of all the pioneers I knew ended up owning some kind of one-man business - cleaning, windows, rug doctor, or whatever...and many regular publishers were electricians, plumbers, carpenters, paper hangers, etc.

This could very well prove to be highly counter-productive to WTBTS interests.

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

Great!!! now on top of all the other BS I'm dealing with I'm going to get flack for starting my own biz which I have definent plans to do! My wife is gonna read this and go bonkers again on me. sigh................... and they swear this isn't a cult!

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

yeah, i agree with james woods, i dont recall them saying you shouldnt have your own business. they are becoming so much more extreme. while this was always a controlling religion, when i was in it, i dont remember them pounding in over and over that they want all your time, money are resources like they are now. its disgusting.

i dont ever recall when i was a member, things like feeding your family listed as "distractions". i remember 10 years ago when i started my business, people were happy for me, elders knew about it and gave me a tap on the shoulder as it prevented me from being in the "worldly" work place, and allowed me to set my own hours.

its going to be interesting to see how extreme they get. also they are increasing their control so fast i wonder whats next. seriously, i have to wonder if they are going to now start telling them what to eat and how long to sleep.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Hi Flipper:

Actually, JWs need their own businesses. Many of them have marginal or no education and only another JW can offer them employment.

Sadly, some of them could never function very well in an office in the real world. They can't "cut it" and need lots of "slack" and they would be playing the "religious card". None of this would go over very well in a "worldly" office where OTHER people would have to be doing more to over-compensate for their shortcomings! I can't think of a more nightmarish situation than an office with JW women around me who aren't accustomed to how the REAL world works.

This would breed resentment. Let some "brother" with a business tolerate them.

• baltar447
    baltar447

This is insanity.

About 3/4 of the elders I know personally are self emlpoyed themselves or work for another brother. I know the figures aren't that high everywhere, but of the ones I know, that's been the case.

Are they smokin crack? Meth?

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

Page 148-150, in 'Bearing thorough Witness About God's Kingdom' Book points out, 'Paul is determined not to be a financial burden on others. He does no want to give anyone the impression that he is living off the word of God. What will he do?'(ok, the WTS order you be responsible in taking care of yourself financially even as Paul, a traveling overseer, did) 'Paul did not consider tenttmaking his vocation, or career.(sure he was a'CO' but interestingly he still took sidejob to care his personal need. Following statement confirmed it).' 'He worked at this trade only to support himself in the ministry, declaring the good news 'without cost.' 'How did Aquila and Priscilla view their trade? As Christians, they no doubt viewed secular work as Paul did.(keep in mind that A&P are not COs. They, unlike Paul, had monthly bills to pay)...where their home was used as the meeting place for the local congregation(including 'mortgage' payment).' 'Present-day Christians follow the example of Paul, Aquila, and Prescilla. Zealous ministers today work hard "so as not to put an expensive burden upon" others(so far so good).' 'Commendably, many full-time Kingdom proclaimers work part-time or do seasonal work to support themselves in their vocation, the Christian ministry(as did Paul. The biblcal example applies to Paul, who's denfended on others like A&P for the housing, food, etc. Paul still worked part time to care himself as much as he could. A&P, on the other hand,had either worked full time or inherited some fortune in order to care themselves and extended their belongings to others, like Paul).' 'Like Aqulila and Priscilla, many warmhearted servants of Jehovah open their homes to traveling overseers.' In summary, the traveling overseers took part time jobs to care their needs. That was the Point! The WTS, however, after rightly applying this to 'Paul' and then truned around twists this pricniple to apply it to Rank & File who have family to fit, CO to take care, KH to contribute, slavery construction works(Qucik building, remodeling, branch construction, pioneering, etc, etc. That's what happens when people who are disconnected with the real world that have no idea how real world operates, making rules for their subjects and trying to control others in illusion. The Rank & File do not have 7 million followers that take care of every their needs. The WTS want the R&F to take care of everything(family, Co, Do, the WTS, etc) with Paul's part time job. Paul hardly took care himself with it! Because of that the WTS stronly urge R&F to take care of COs, DOs, etc by saying,'those who thus "follow the course of hospitiality" know how encouraging and upbuilding doing so can be." What an OXYMORON! BTW, follow your own counsel and go get some part time job as did Paul! You must determine not to be a financial burden on others! The WTS want you to be a SUPERHUMAN. The WTS won't take anything but 'perfection' from you lurkers! Thanks for the post Flipper.

• james_woods
    james_woods

^^^ - what Baltar said.

They are either going to have to (quietly) retract this, or face the facts that a high percentage of their rank & file are deliberately ignoring this rule.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Yet another example of how HOPELESSLY out of touch the GB and writing dept/bethel are with the REAL world.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey James

you know how it goes,

CHANGE = NEW LIGHT = THEY MADE A MISTAKE

It ain't even a thin line between New light and a mistake anymore , New light means showin' their mistakes

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

So typical, thanks for sharing that Flipper.

Funny thing is half of the elders in our cong have their own busines, I guess it's time to simplify more! I get so angry at these SOB's; the arrogance is so appalling from a group of eight who claims no divine inspiration, and yet feels that they have the authority to micromanage our lives like this. You have to feel guilty because your born imperfect and now you have to feel even more guilty for trying to provide well for your family too; it just never ends with these f@cking sh1theads does it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit