What Are Some Musical Groups And/Or Songs That Everybody Liked But You?

by minimus 82 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

Michael Bolton! ugh

Journey

Led Zeppelin (except for Black Dog)

Cold Play ,, I agree zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

t

• minimus
    minimus

I hear many people HATE The Greatest Love Of All by Whitney. Personally, I liked it!

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

never cared for John Cage.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

PRINCE ...........turn the station everytime I hear his whining voice

• agonus
    agonus

Most "Great Musicians" I can appreciate at least on some level artistically, even if I don't personally care much for most of their songs, i.e. the Stones and Aerosmith. But the one artist I just don't seem to be able to "get", no matter how many times I hear his stuff, is... wait for it...

Jimi Hendrix.

Let the textual ass-kicking commence, but I hear "Hey Joe" and I ask myself, "Greatest Guitar God EVAR?"

Please help me out. What is it I'm missing here?

• tiki
    tiki

LOVE LOVE LOVE ABBA!!!! HAted the Beatles - thought all those songs were just so inane..."I Wanna Hold Your Hand" for example....how dumb.

Can't stand Melissa Etheridge's hits....misses in my book - very annoying. Love Dido........Elton John, Neil Diamond, Bruce Springsteen, that big handsome dude......what's his name.....Michael Bolton. And Simply Red, Bryan Adams......many good ones out there............:)

Streisand had a wonderful voice...so did Celine Dion.........and Sarah McLachlan............

Another very annoying song Annie Lennox "Walking on Broken Glass"

• tiki
    tiki

Yes - I forgot Whitney Houston. There was a talent - so sad she got so mixed up......

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

If it wasn't for Bruce writing something for Patty Smith, I would say he's a waste of space

• minimus
    minimus

Haha.....I liked the Monkees better than the Beatles!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

John Cage - don't get me started with affirmations. I try so hard to like his compositions. Most minimalist music coupled with electronic aspects makes me sick. My gf played for Mother Mallard, an off-shoot of John Cage. I attended concerts to support her. They have phenomenal fans at Yale and WBAI-NY. Everyplace else supported by the NY State Council on the Arts, people walked out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit