What Are Some Musical Groups And/Or Songs That Everybody Liked But You?

by minimus 82 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Rocketman, you love Elton John, right? (btw, good to see you here!)

• undercover
    undercover

This is heresy among some of my friends, but I never really cared much for Rush. I have an album or two but after the first couple of listens they became dust catchers.

When I was younger I really liked Clapton but as I've gotten older I've kinda realized that except for early stuff, and a few acoustic things, he's somewhat over-rated. Again, heresy amongst his fans, but that's how I see it these days.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

If I hear another Lady Gaga song I'm going to kill the next poster. I don't get it. I asked someone what all the hype was about. They said she is a modern day Elton John. I said u mean a modern day Elton John minus the talent and musical ability? She's avg and when u get rid of all those stupid costumes and dancers, her music is boring at best. Oh and all the whining about how she was poor and couldn't afford sitting in the front row of all those concerts she attended, and now she headlines them. Oh F U Lady Gaga

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Always hated the song, 'KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE' sang way to often at all Kingdom Halls. Now, KEEP YOU EYES ON THE PIES' sounded much better, ha.

Outaservice

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

In the late '80s, hair metal was all the rage. I couldn't stand it. Boring, pretentious, misogynist, stooopid, blah. I did like Bon Jovi for a bit early on but quickly outgrew it when I found music I really loved. Siouxsie and the Banshees, Depeche Mode, the Cure, R.E.M....that was all more to my liking. :) Still MTV would play little else but White Tiger, Poison, Ugly Kid Joe, Nelson, Warrant, Great White, Winger, etc. etc. (as well as hip hop and new jack city stuff which was okay). Then one day in 1991 they played a certain Nirvana video and all that hair crap was gone for good. :)

• james_woods
    james_woods
    If I hear another Lady Gaga song I'm going to kill the next poster. I don't get it.

Maybe it is a sort of musical affirmative action program for transgendered people.

• undercover
    undercover

Justin Bieber What the hell is up with that craze?

At least with the British Invasion of the 60s, the bands actually could play instruments and they constructed songs that changed the world. Bieber is.... hair. That's about it.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Anything by Michael Jackson.

Neil Young - he can't sing, his guitar playing is amateurish and his lyrics only so-so. It's a good thing he is so incredibly handsome!

Neil Young isn't anymore

• undercover
    undercover

This thread brought to you by the makers of Geritol and Poligrip.

When you're old and crotchety... maybe your iron is low. Take Geritol daily.

And remember - to keep your dentures in place as you rant about kids today... use Poligrip. Guaranteed to hold it's grip even while spitting venom about Lady Gaga.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I like very little American music from the 80's, and this places me well outside the mainstream of my generation (born mid-70's).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit