What Are Some Musical Groups And/Or Songs That Everybody Liked But You?

by minimus 82 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

minimus: Neil Young SUCKS!

JRK: And I love Neil Young.

To each his own!

But you know what, the cool thing here is that we can disagree!!!!

When you're a JW you gotta' say stupid stuff is "wonderful" when it is just stupid!!!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I will always be a Beatles fan. Their collective music and independent music is uneven. McCartney was my first crush. His music can be utterly sublime and also deeply embarassing. Yes, embarassing. He doesn't know how to edit himself. John Lennon wrote some simply atrocious music with Yoko. Even worse was when he comingled Yoko songs onto his songs. You could not listen to a Lennon album anymore without jumping up and forwarding some tracks. Beatles music was usually great b/c they cancelled out the bad tendencies in each other and achieved a balance.

Dylan has written some clunkers, too. The attraction for me is the words, not his voice.

The BeeGees drove me crazy.

I hate hip/hop.

It comes full circle. Growing up I hated Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole --the ones who took TV time away from my generation. Their songs seemed to have no urgency. Now I listen to Bing Crosby, Sinatra frequently. My younger self would be in shock.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I never like the Beatles, and the song, "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" is like fingernails on a chalkboard. My mom told me that that song was popular when she was pregnant with me and had morning sickness the whole time. Strange....

And since I'm officially old and crotchety, I can't stand rap by any one at all!

• Silent_Scream
    Silent_Scream

I hate the 80's rock. I do like to play the game "Rock Band", and I can only play 5 or 6 six songs because the rest start to tick me off. Probably because they play them in soda commercials with something silly going on so in my head its stupid artists making stupid soda commercial songs.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I'll answer in one word: Disco!

• darthfader
    darthfader

Ok... here goes my list

Bands I dont get...

The Beatles
    Rolling Stones
    Led Zepplin (ok.. I really liked their last disc In Through The Out Door)
    Black Sabbath
    AC DC
    Metallica

Bands I do get...

The Who
    Yes
    Pink Floyd
    Kansas
    Ozzy
    Rush
    Journey (for Steve Smith alone)
    Dream Theater
    Nightwish
    Serenity

Cheers

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Kiss

The BeeGees

Styx

Rush

Elvis Presley

The Beatles

Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin

Madonna

Fleetwood Mac

Bruce Springsteen

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I never understood all the hoopla for the Beatles either, and I remember watching their first appearance on the Sullivan show, Never understood all the hoopla for Lennon either. Dylan and Neil Young totally don't get them either.

Beatles or The Stones? - Stones all the way ! ! !

• ZeusRocks
    ZeusRocks

Never understood the attraction with the Beatles. I think it may be more their style, because I do like some of their songs when they're arrangements are altered and sung by someone else.

One song I cannot stand at all was the Give a Little Bit song from the Gap commercials. I was in the USA 10 years ago and stuck in Lousianna in the sticks for nearly 2 months and everytime commercials came on, a Gap commercial was there with that irritating song.

• talesin
    talesin

Neil young haters?????????????

I ... I ... I ..... don't know what to say.

wow.. okay, how about this?

"I got sunshine,, on a cloudy day"

can anyone hate Motown? And if you do, then, well, I have nuttin' to say to you!

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit