Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Is the inaction of God favoring evil?

Well there is that scripture that says knowing the right thing to do and not doing it is a sin. So yes, it would be favoring evil. I think we've learned all that can be learned by watching children starve to death. Not sure how many more lessons we can glean from such.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Atheists/Agnostics - 1

Believers - 0

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    The video in the OP speaks about rape and murder. Both of those are human problems with human solutions.

ALL the problems we have are of a physical nature, in one way or the other. There are no other problems one can face! Tell me, which other problems do you propose? Even psychological problems are inherently of a physical nature.

Why would the First Cause intervene when his creation can and won't?

We do intervene, when we can. Then again, there are those that choose to commit the crime. Our inability to confront all these problems doesn't excuse God's inaction.

His intervention would favor good. His inaction allows evil to run rampant.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Plus how can you prove God is not acting in a way you don't know or understand?

That's a weak argument. How can you prove Thor doesn't control lightning in ways you don't know or understand?

The question is mostly addressed to Christian Apologists, and since you're all over the place, I don't think you are qualified to answer that from the Christian Apologist perspective.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Because it's condemned in his word and yet it still happens every day, and it he were intervening he would look very inept. I'm certain that God would have a bigger ego than to employ non-effective measures that haven't worked over all these centuries. The fact that it is no better is proof that God is not acting at this time.

The Bible as God's word is just a doctrine, we've been through this. You are only refuting people who believe God wrote the Bible word for word.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    The question is mostly addressed to Christian Apologists, and since you're all over the place, I don't think you are qualified to answer that from the Christian Apologist perspective.

I was wondering when someone was going to point this out. I am a God apologist more so than a Christian apologist. Unqualified? No. Unconventional? Yes.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    ALL the problems we have are of a physical nature, in one way or the other. There are no other problems one can face! Tell me, which other problems do you propose? Even psychological problems are inherently of a physical nature.

Precisely my point. Human problems are human's problems. Good thing we are not alone with them however, we'd be screwed.

-Sab

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Atheists/Agnostics - 1

Believers - 0

And Thor, kicks ass!

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Unqualified? No. Unconventional? Yes.

Imaginative? Definitely.

You should really go back to fiction writing, Sab. Unless what you're doing here is developing a plot for a new novel and gauging audience response, in which case, please carry on. :)

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Sab, the question is directed at Christian Apologists.

I've seen you argue about how other religions are all the path to truth. There is simply no way to "pin you" on anything, because you can claim belief in one thing, and the next retract it in favor of any other deity/belief you choose. You can change the rules at anytime and declare that what I consider "chess" really is checkers, bajong, etc.

You can define God anyway you wish, and if you choose to attribute inaction as part of his "Big Plan" and of a "Greater, Incomprehensible Wisdom", there is nothing I can say otherwise. You've simply made up your mind.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    Good thing we are not alone with them however, we'd be screwed.

So God does intervene? How? Please describe this in as simple a way as possible, because I don't understand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit