Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious

TT2C you are only supporting the idea that Einstine wasn't an advocate of a personal God. He was an advocate of an impersonal God (like the Force in Star Wars), which is what I was referring to originally which has not been refuted by your quotes. In fact Einstine said he was religious.

-Sab

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

And you are invoking Einstien in an effort to prove the video and premise of this thread as false. Einstien felt the same way about the childish god of the bible as many including myself feel. I got news for you Sab - your plan has royally backfired.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    Einstine said he was religious

Seriously Sab - What are you 12? He said no such thing! He said to "To the extent that i'm relgious" there is a big difference in what he said in the context of that quote and what you are asserting he is.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    And you are invoking Einstien in an effort to prove the video and premise of this thread as false? Einstien felt that the same way about the childish god of the bible as many including myself feel. Well I got news for your plan backfired.

I wasn't "invoking Einstein." I stated that a pivotal equation in all of modern science was created/discovered by someone who believed in God. It's not proof of anything, but it does put Einstein on my team. You can keep Hitchens, I'll take Einstein.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Seriously Sab - What are you 12? He said no such thing! He said to "To the extent that i'm relgious" there is a big difference in what he said in the context of that quote and what you are asserting he is.

I am not trying to misrepresent Einstein. It doesn't matter to what extent, my point has to do with his belief in God as a force in the world. A religious idea! Einstein could not deny such a force and he called it "something subtle, intangible and inexplicable." It sounds to me that Einstein believed in the supernatural.

-Sab

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Keep telling yourself that Sab...

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

WHAT?

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    it does put Einstein on my team

Keep telling yourself that Sab...

• Andrew Sh
    Andrew Sh

' "If God created the material world, then shouldn't we hold him responsible for all the miseries and woes of mankind?"

"We could", Einstein answered seriously, "if man hadn't been endowed with a free will. Every action of man is a function of his own or someone else's will. If so many people hadn't submitted their will to that of the Nazi's, there would have been no concentration camps." '

From "Einstein and the Poet: In search of the Cosmic Man" by William Hermanns - (bottom of page 58, top of page 59)

In books.google.co.uk

Game, Set, and Match to Sabastious?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Andrew Sh, you are saying that god provided man with Free Will and that makes the suffering and evil man's fault.

I say that god knew that this free will would ultimately allow man to fall into sin, causing not only the death of the people who committed the crime, but billions who had nothing to do with it who were to follow, and it allowed the subsequent introduction of suffering and evil. I assume god did this because he loves us.?

But what god actually did was assured the death of every human, because he didn’t want to create us with an instinctive desire to do his will.

God is supposed to be omnipotent--that is, it has limitless power. Is god not powerful enough to create a human that is able to both have free will, and also be forever loyal to the Creator? This is GOD, of course he can! Because god loves us, I would assume it wants the best for us. So why didn't it create a species that would enjoy its gift of life, rather than have to spend it suffering and in the end dying?

God is said to be omnipotent (all-powerful) and omniscient (all-knowing).

With those characteristics, the only way humanity could have failed to meet the standards of god, is if god willed it. Why do I say that?

Because it is omnipotent god has the ability to create a species of man that would both have free will and the ability to avoid sin.

Because god is omniscient, not only does this god have the ability to create a man that can have free will and still avoid sin, this god knows how to do it.

So it had both the ability and the know-how to create a species of man that would have free will and never sin. Ever. That means god, the dispicable tyrant, wanted things to turn out they way they did, by creating a man that was unable to have free will and also remain forever loyal.

To make matters worse god chose to send a tempter into the world with innocent people who never had the experience of someone lying to them. They were trusting . . . innocent. Why did the god put that Tree of Knowledge on the planet? Because it wanted to, that’s why.

There is one way and one way only that humans could have ever had the ability to avoid sinning. Humans would have had to have been created perfectly. If, for some reason it is found that god did not or could not have created humans perfectly, the responsibility of the first sin falls upon it not humans.

It is not possible that humans were created perfec because perfection does not perform imperfection. If something is truly one hundred percent perfect it cannot produce negativity. If god created perfect humans, even with free will, a sinning would not have been an option. The very nature of their perfection would not allow them, as perfection cannot perform an imperfect act. So again we see a deliberate choice from a cruel wicked and uncaring god.

The only excuse left is to say that there is an ultimate “plan” and, indeed, this has been a prominent excuse right along with free will for centuries. This “plan” however, is nothing more than an admission that god “planned” on suffering, death.

I am so glad I don't believe in god, because I would be so f*cking angry at this bastard if I did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit