Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious
    If heaven is on earth, then see subject: "why is god allowing so much suffering on earth" or look back to the video that started this thread. Sab - your positions contradict one another any way you look at it.

That's why I quoted the 53rd Trigram and the 13th chapter of Revelation, to explain that point. A Free World is a gradual progression so there's your suffering right there (while we wait). Also suffering exists because most of man decides to turn away from truth and have chaos as a result. I'm not contradicting myself, we are just speaking about a very complex subject.

I'm done talking about this, it's pointless.

The nature of reality and our lives is far from pointless, but it's been interesting and I thank you for your time.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Also Earth is becoming heaven-like, it didn't start out as heaven, but was always planned to merge with it.

-Sab

• LV101
    LV101

Sab -- I've not had time to read this topic for days but "earth is becoming heaven-like"? Really? Interesting.

LV101

• LV101
    LV101

ahhh -- never mind. Think I see where you're explaining above. Sorry.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Sab - what exactly does heaven like tangibly mean?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab -- I've not had time to read this topic for days but "earth is becoming heaven-like"? Really? Interesting.

One of the reasons I left the Watchtower was because they preach that the world has done nothing but gotten worse. When I took a look for myself I saw the exact opposite. I saw a world that desperately wanted to get better and has over the last century. I see incredible improvement not degradation. A single human life is very zoomed in the human timeline so it's hard to see the gradual progression of mankind from that perspective, but if one wants to find it it's in the history books. It doesn't make sense for God to just watch the world go by like the video in the OP suggests. He has been here, with us, the whole time and he deserves credit for helping us when we needed it. However credit is not what I think God is about, I think he is about creating something that's worth living.

-Sab

• cantleave
  • sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab - what exactly does heaven like tangibly mean?

Genesis 1:1 says that God created the heavens before the earth. The spiritual realm is a place before us therefore describing it in a tangible manner is not easy and may be impossible. I think our dreams are a good place to start. Think of everyone's dreams interconnected then think of how that would be and you might bump right into a tangible concept heaven. Time magazine did an interesting article called "Rethinking Heaven."

-Sab

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Sab I'm very confused now, you stated "Also Earth is becoming heaven-like" how is that possible when Earth is tangible and heaven is not?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab I'm very confused now, you stated "Also Earth is becoming heaven-like" how is that possible when Earth is tangible and heaven is not?

Heaven doesn't have wars and terrorists (if it did they were dealt with possibly much like they are dealt with on earth), the earth does, but eventually the earth wont have those things just like heaven. There is always going to be a separation between heaven and earth otherwise there would be no reason for the earth. Heaven and earth are not currently in complete harmony, but they eventually will be. The good things that are happening, and have happened, on the earth are the signs that they are coming closer together. Man is made in the image of God and the earth is made in the image of the heavens. Man and earth graudualy progress torwards perfection with the aid of God and the heavens. That's the way I look at it at least.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit