Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

For me Good = God and Bad = the Devil.

So when your God kills millions of people, Innocent people ( ie. the great flood ) that is considered God = good ?

In your own perception Sab. Where does human ignorance fit in with your definition of Good or Evil as it applies to humanity ?

• bohm
    bohm

Sab: You are being entirely incoherrent in this thread. Let me quote NC:

Sab said: I believe it's a crime to attack someone's faith because they can't defend it with evidence.

THEN Sab said: No crime has been committed in this thread. Why do you assume that I think that? Is that a blade sharpener in your hand?

Obviously i dont need a blade (and once more you can quit the hyperbole), a pillow can knock over your silly excuses to defend why NC is evil.

NC: sorry, i guess it is kind of obvious in retrospect. Is it a picture of you?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Says the atheist, bias much?

Sab

A theory is an explanation or model based on observation, experimentation, and reasoning, especially one that has been tested and confirmed as a general principle helping to explain and predict natural phenomena.

Any scientific theory must be based on a careful and rational examination of the facts. A clear distinction needs to be made between facts (things which can be observed and/or measured) and theories (explanations which correlate and interpret the facts.

A fact is something that is supported by unmistakeable evidence.

Facts may be interpreted in different ways by different individuals, but that doesn't change the facts themselves.

Theories may be good, bad, or indifferent. They may be well established by the factual evidence, or they may lack credibility. Before a theory is given any credence in the scientific community, it must be subjected to "peer review." This means that the proposed theory must be published in a legitimate scientific journal in order to provide the opportunity for other scientists to evaluate the relevant factual information and publish their conclusions.

Theists refuse to subject their "theories" to peer reviews, because they know they don't fit the facts.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

NC: sorry, i guess it is kind of obvious in retrospect. Is it a picture of you?

No, it's not me. I was just funnin' with you. No apologies are needed. You might want to consider sacrificing a few pigeons though---just to make sure all bases are covered.

NC

• tec
    tec

Agreed. There is "one source" from which ideas come from. Can you guess what that is in concrete reality?
    Shameless bump.

LOL... and now for a shameless bump of my own, in something I asked Finkle:

I do not understand the relevance of forgiveness/redemption of sins coupled with what I stated... in being responsible for this: tec

This one singular aspect to being a following believer of the Christ has killed millions and has cause untold damage and grief upon humanity. finkle
    No one who claims to follow Christ can kill anyone, much less millions, unless that person ignores the the things that Christ taught and listens instead to what man says Christ wants. tec

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

No, it's not me.

Who is it? I knew it wasn't you, but my husband grilled me on it one day, trying to get me to enlarge it so he could see who it was. I think it was familiar to him. Or he just liked the girl, lol.

Peace,

tammy

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Now I need to ask--where did I discriminate?

You often ask me questions I have already answered in previous commentary. You hold others to your own values that they cannot rightly absorb. You cannot get a homosexual to enjoy heterosexual sex and vise versa. By requiring empirical evidence of God is like demanding empirical evidence of the center of a black hole just for saying that black holes exist. You ask for too much from believers and it distances yourself from an entire demographic. Because any creator theory is going to have an intelligent force creating black holes. Instead of insisting that someone is intellectually dishonest (dishonesty is a deficiency) you could simply move their idea into the center of the black hole and continue being friends. Instead, you demand that scientific methodology be presented lest the belief be strongly ridiculed and condemned. Ridicule in of itself is not a crime, but harassment is and a believer is not going to just sit there and be publically ridiculed for a long held belief. They are going to fight back, often to the death, of which the atheist doesn't have any answer for but to either run away or attempt to obliterate the belief with contrary logic and evidence.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Any scientific theory must be based on a careful and rational examination of the facts. A clear distinction needs to be made between facts (things which can be observed and/or measured) and theories (explanations which correlate and interpret the facts.

You live by the god of science. For you, any theory worth anything must be held to strict scientific methodology. Your world view almost completely shoves philosophy out of the picture which is not good for mankind, it's good for you. Which is not a bad thing, it's just not a position that needs to be imposed upon planetary populations.

-Sab

• bohm
    bohm

Sab: For me Good = God and Bad = the Devil. For you they are tied to evidence which means they don't stretch beyond the human mind.

hmm let me do some calculations:

Evil = Bad = Teh Debil!

What profound insights! And we know they are true because i dont know jack shit about black holes and thats basically all the evidence i will ever need.

Lets try and apply this gem by finding someone who is evil:

Sab: Are you actively working towards a world without God? If so, then you are evil by my own definitions.

OMG, NC is the devil! (sorry ziddina, you are out)

Lets see if holy mr. bible has any insights which can be applied:

ex. 22:18 "Do not allow a sorceress to live."

Now, i bet there are some nasty people who would get all evidency and try to bash my bronze age belief we should stone the shit out of NC. But those are my beliefs, dammit, and they have no right to attack my faith with evidence (which we all know is a crime and the opposite of progress) and (tada!) we can safely conclude they are evil as well. I should properly find more stones.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Again - for the reasons stated above the god myth is NOT a theory.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit