How many hours are falsely reported?

by badboy 92 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

I would estimate that the average falsely reported time is at least 1 hour per jw,what do U think?

• JT
    JT

counting time o the ways we did it

one pioneer sister needed 10hours to fill out the 90 so she sat down wrote a letter for an hour about dead loved ones coming back and then went and made 10 copies, she then got the local paper looked up who had family that died and sent them a letter and a tract, like magic she got 10 hours

she decided to share this wonderful new technique with a few other sisters who thought is was the greatest thing since sliced bread , then one sister mentioned it to a CO wife and at that point all Hell broke loose

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

ALL OF THEM!!!

Spanner

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Ha ha - too funny JT. I've heard that story before from others. I think it was a popular method I know I used to be able to get 10-15 hours a day in and yet only ever knock on maybe 10 doors all day. A few trips to the mall, movies, etc never hurt

• Black Man
    Black Man

GREAT THREAD!!! This goes back to the top. Up.........

• badboy
    badboy

BRINGING THIS 2 THE TOP,LOTS OF PEOPLE SEEM 2 LIKE THIS THREAD!

• hurt
    hurt

I was a pretty good dub. The secretary never got tired telling me I need not report like 10 hours 45 mins. Then I had a book. I'd add the minutes for the next month until it made an hour, and so on... That was until I started going out in the FS with one pioneer brother. Let's call him Dave. Dave was a super pioneer. He averaged 110 hours every month. Tens of bible studies. Incredible magazine placements. Dave liked me. I was a young dub and always asked spiritual questions during our trips in the field. Then he started showing me the tricks. You got to be honest, he would emphasise... some don't report accurately. But he does. He learnt it at pioneer school. I should work topwards going to pioneer school. It's simple.

We set out in FS. Give someone in your house a tract; someone, anyone, so far they're not a JW. The counting has started. When we stopped for breaks, he'd give the guy at the shop a tract while we drank. We're still doing God's will while lunching. On the way home, you don't stop counting. And it's honest. You must give someone in your house a tract. If it's the same unlucky fellow who got a tract inthe morning, give him a different tract. It's all part of the work. I felt guilty at first... but then, it was like adultery... two, three more times, then it became second nature. Even hours spent reading anti-JW articles on the iNet counted...

• badboy
    badboy

BRINGING THIS 2 THE TOP AGAIN!

• badboy
    badboy

BRINGING THIS 2 THE TOP.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The reality is that everyone knows that the numbers are fictictious. One time in an elders meeting when we were deciding who to recommend for eldership a name came up. Elder #1 said: "he averages 10 hours a month." Elder#2 replied: "You don't actually believe those hours, he is never out in service." Thus, the name was dropped. Although, a few years later the individual with the 10hour average was appointed an elder. - This was after I moved away.

So, if at least one of the elders knew the hours were fictictious, why did not anyone adjust the hours before they were sent to the Society?

I wasn't going to make a big deal out of it. I had a strategy to round up my hours to the nearest 6. If I got 1-5 hours I would report 6. If I got 7-15 hours I reported 16...and so on. However, as a practical matter I rarely got more than 5 hours.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit