How many hours are falsely reported?

by badboy 92 Replies latest jw friends

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Actually, I would venture to guess that the majority of JWs either hate or intensly dislike FW work - and only go out because they are guilted into doing so, and because it is expected of them by the group. No FS = bad JW = no social activity = lonelyness.

• 4horsemen
    4horsemen

It never occured to me to pad my hours. Maybe that's why I was always getting admonished by my bookstudy elder to "keep up with the celestial chariot or get run over"

But apparently the idea of lying to men rather than God is more palatable when you subconsciously realize you're serving men and not God.

The door to door work is probably the most inefficient witness there is. A better question is not how many hours are phantom but rather of the phantom hours how much time was actually spent talking to a human being. Being seen by people driving in their cars as you walk down the street in not a witness.

How many doors, even in apartment complexes did you find people at home? 20 percent? 10? Of those, people who held a conversation with you and did not blow you off? 5%? 2? Even that seems a little high.

It would be far more efficient and effective to tape assemblies or assembly like forums and transmit them via TV or radio.

But that costs money and when you have free labor that pays for your materials and then sells, I mean places the same materials for more $ why bother?

• flower
    flower

stealth said.."I was once a the secretaries house at the start of a new month and he was calling the pubs who didn't turn in their time. There was one sister that he had to call every month. Before he called he filled out the slip for her with all the details and told me this is what it will be. Sure enough that was exactly what she reported, the same thing every month. LOL"

i wonder if i know you LOL i got that call every month for a while. it wasnt 6 hrs 6 mags 2rv was it? that was my standard answer.

those numbers are so inflated its crazy that they even print them.lol

flower

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

I'm almost embarrased to admit this, but I never cheated on my time.
    I believed that Jehovah saw all and knew all. As a result of refusing to lie, I received many a visit to "encourage" me to go out in service. I was viewed as spiritually weak. I started to drift away when I realized the elders were not interested in my welfare, they were only interested in my report.

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

FreeFallin-
    Kind of like, 'He only likes me for my body, not my mind'.

• siegswife
    siegswife

Man oh man...why didn't I learn any of these tricks? I could've saved myself alot of hassle while I tried to auxilary pioneer every couple of months with my 3 boys before I got a car! I wasn't getting much support from the other pioneers (they had their little clique goin' on) so maybe that's why I wasn't in the know. I wouldn't even round my time up from quarter hours!

When I started regular pioneering (after I got a car), there were a couple months that I had to make sure I put in an extra half hour or fifteen minutes so that I could honestly report 90 hours. Jeez, if I'd only known the 'truth'!

• julien
    julien
    I report a non-existant family study every month. My wife is also present at this fictional event. So you can deduct 8 hours, 4 rv's, 1 bs, and 2 publishers from the list.

It's about damn time they got a category for bullshit on that slip.

• Imbue
    Imbue

As TR said if they only counted time actually spent talking about the Bible...

Especially the pioneers riding around, back and forth from one end of town to the other end, all day wasting time. I've probably spent more time discussing the Bible with people in one year than they have in their whole lives. When I report only a few hours a year.

Until recently, I was always honest about my time but I know they’ll turn on me if I offically become inactive. I’m just to confused. If I do go out in service I won’t use literature only the Bible. I still believe the Bible. I won’t mention the WT. I wonder how long it will tale for them to pick up on this?

Hard to believe I was once an atheist.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again when it doesn't work.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

And to think the Society had the gall to say that close to a billion hours were spent last year preaching the good news!

Everyone knows there are not that many hours in a year! Ain't that right Brother Hall?

Outaservice (but still countin my time!)

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

What an excellent thread...but just to add my 2 cents worth...I think that not only are the hours reported falsified (which we all know it is)...but so are the statistics in the January issue which reports the growth in the borg.

There are no true indicators (other than one's conscience) to measure honesty where reporting hours and placements of magazines are concerned...so their statistics are based on lies or half truths. Surprise! Surprise!

Beck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit