Rev Wright. off the hook...wow.

by tootired2care 61 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I think Santorum is a religious nutter too. Hell most of us here were in a nutty religion and were quite nutty about it.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    Some elephants in the room seem to be forvever ignored.

What the f*ck are you talking about? Did you live in cave? Did you not watch the news during the Bush admin? Bush and Co. were called out on the rug for everything by the media. I won't even bother to go into what the bigoted things the liberal media said about Condi Rice or any black conservative for that matter. They were excoriated at every turn (and rightly so in many cases). So please don't pull this hypocrisy crap because it doesn't stick.

His old pastor? This is what you are upset about? Why not go back to railing about Bill Ayers? Or maybe your are a birther too?

I never said I was upset I'm reporting the news (which the liberal media seems unable to do). The fact that he attended that church for 20 years and threw him to the curb only when he was forced to do it for political points does not equate to a rejection of Jeremiah Wright and his teachings - bottom line.Can you honestly say to yourself that Obama disagrees with his teachings?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well this is old news that remarkably was discussed to ad nauseam before you got here, about four years ago...

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

james-woods....I would call him a raving lunatic.

What he said has truth...but how he said it will never change peoples mind about him. And he could have probably put it a better way. He lived in a time when he was considered not worth more than the dirt people walk on. I'd have to imagine having to bow at the feet or yes sir/no sir people built up alot of anger. He served his country, and it's no doubt in my mind he loves America. But as a minority I can only imagine his words come from a place of loving your country,but either never good enough to really be 'one of us' or having to prove yourself over and over and over.

As old as this country is black people in this country have only really been 'equal' or considered part of society in a main-stream way since the 60's. Just 40 years or so ago. In the the timeline of world history....thats not really a long time. He was probably in his 20's in the 60's. Not trying to say what he said is ok....but as a minority I can understand.

I mean why else would people mock Obama as a community organizer ? When he obviously did more than that in life. The man taught constitutional law,he also decided to help people who needed help. The overtones and mocking way in which people say it constantly........

steve2,

The intensity makes Clintons time look pretty easy. This country has come a long way in electing him, and certainly derserves credit. But He was elected because he was the best canidate IMO going foward. That he's a democrat AND black shows that for all the progress the country has made. But I think his election for some who may have personal opinions and feelings ( which is certainly their right ), may be too much. Thus he's a muslim to some,not one of us. He not apple pie,old chevys,baseball or a lighter shade.

America is a great country,but man we have elephants in all the rooms,but ignore them all the time.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    I mean why else would people mock Obama as a community organizer

Right because there really could be no other plausable explanation for that...Just like there could only be one conclusion for why people called Bush an idiot.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Uh, black men don't become community organizers and if they do are suspect? Wow...

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    Well this is old news that remarkably was discussed to ad nauseam before you got here, about four years ago.

Perhaps you should tell that to rev. Wright; who has just re-inserted himself into the political discussion with a fresh attack which is what spawned this thread in the first place. Sorry divorces are messy and Obama cannot divorce Wright as easy as the liberal media, and re-election team would like.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Why should I do that for you? You apparently have issues with the man. Give him a call yourself.

And no just cuz I'm black don't mean I know the man or have ever been to his church.

• talesin
    talesin

Just like there could only be one conclusion for why people called Bush an idiot.

Yah, ummm, because he *is* an idiot?

t

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    I repeat - (back on topic) - do we all agree that Jeremiah Wright is a raving lunatic?

Sure, but only if we all agree that GW took us into a disastrous illegal war and the economy tanked on his watch.

No? Then no - Jeremiah Wright's missteps are child's play compared to the Bush years. Why should Obama have called out his pastor when the GOP never called out Bush? To this day they waffle about Bush.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit