A reason why most religious theological teachings are sociologically dangerous and damaging

by thetrueone 233 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

There are literally thousands of men who are being kept inside mental institutions, self proclaiming themselves the Messiah or Mohammad.

Another plausible reason why most religious theological teachings are sociologically dangerous and damaging.

• cofty
    cofty

If you continue to wage war on God you will suffer the fate of everyone else who has attempted it. They all died trying - Sab

Good move Sab. When you run out of arguments resort to vengeful god threats.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Therefore your statement just doesn't hold any water for me, nor any reasoning to support such an absolute ideal. I support it's right to exist, but not it's right to impose upon another

I'm not concerned about holding your water, and I'm not concerned that you embrace my ideal. However, I will lead my life according to that ideal, and do what I can give voice to it. We will coexist because we must. My goal is simply to introduce MORE secularism, and to let those out there that look for evidence and reason that we are here, before some religion comes along and snags them up and takes room up in their brain for misinformation. Room that could be better used finding some solutions to our problems. You will continue to work with your ideal, which is to introduce ideas that will distract them from the other things they could be working for. See? We coexist!

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Good move Sab. When you run out of arguments resort to vengeful god threats.

It's not a threat, lol. You simply will run out of lifeforce, as in die of old age. Never did I imply some sort of execution.

-Sab

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

If you continue to wage war on God you will suffer the fate of everyone else who has attempted it. They all died trying - Sab

Meh---that's what they said when we waged war on unicorns, pissed Zeus off, and got lax on our sacrifices to the sun. It's just as scary now as it was then. A purely emotional appeal with a veiled threat behind it---which is---you won't get something good unless you do it my way. That's okay. What I get is sufficient---I don't want to be greedy.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I'm not concerned about holding your water, and I'm not concerned that you embrace my ideal. However, I will lead my life according to that ideal, and do what I can give voice to it. We will coexist because we must. My goal is simply to introduce MORE secularism, and to let those out there that look for evidence and reason that we are here, before some religion comes along and snags them up and takes room up in their brain for misinformation. Room that could be better used finding some solutions to our problems. You will continue to work with your ideal, which is to introduce ideas that will distract them from the other things they could be working for. See? We coexist!

I don't want you to be concerned with what I am concerned about. We each have our own path and our own personal responsibility. I don't see you having a benign goal of "secularism." I see an agenda to convince the people around you that God is the bad guy. That's like saying Batman is the Joker and it's just not right. Therefore our coexistence will include conflict, which is not a bad thing unless one party considers the conflict too much for relations to continue. At that point a compromise will be reached or it will not.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Meh---that's what they said when we waged war on unicorns, pissed Zeus off, and got lax on our sacrifices to the sun. It's just as scary now as it was then. A purely emotional appeal with a veiled threat behind it---which is---you won't get something good unless you do it my way. That's okay. What I get is sufficient---I don't want to be greedy.

Once again, it didn't even occur to you that I was speaking about old age. It's a pattern that if I am not perfectly clear you take the same path. It's like were in a sandbox and you are saying, "SEE! God IS the bad guy. I win."

-Sab

• cofty
    cofty

You simply will run out of lifeforce - Sab

"Lifeforce"? What on earth are you waffling about?

We stopped believing in an elan vital a long, long time ago.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Sab: If you continue to wage war on God you will suffer the fate of everyone else who has attempted it. They all died trying

Hey, everyone dies, even believers, but not everyone lives!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I see an agenda to convince the people around you that God is the bad guy. That's like saying Batman is the Joker and it's just not right

I am in FULL agreement with this statement. Saying God is a bad guy is indeed like saying Batman is the Joker! It bore repeating. BECAUSE................They are ALL fictional characters! It would be COMPLETELY ridiculous to call God a bad guy in anything past the literary sense where I would define a fictional character by the story I read about it. God is a pretty bad guy as told in the OT. But that's okay, since he is not real, he was just a gimmick being used by a tribal people to make their actions okay.

Now, if I found someone that spent an inordinate about of time, thinking, money and energy defending Batman, I would say, "Dude, lighten up, it's fiction" And if I saw someone that wanted to kill the Joker believers, well, I'd call for help and remove that person from society. They are dangerous. If someone spent money defending Batman from the Joker accusers, I'd feel sad, since much better things could be done with the money.

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit