A reason why most religious theological teachings are sociologically dangerous and damaging

by thetrueone 233 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious
    But over continuing evaluation and conclusion that has proven to be false.

So all those people they locked up weren't locked up in vain. Their suffering was simply and sadly required while the time that was needed to figure out the truth went by. There is always chaos and then brilliance.

-Sab

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I think what repulses people more than anything Sab. is your theoretical stance that everything that happens in this world is

a god's Divine plan and mankind's venture to change this reality to better the human experience is futility wrong and redundant.

This kind of mindset was prevalent in the middle ages and further back, I'm quite happy and content that we are not living in those times

and so should you, now we have to honestly accept why it is better to be living now then those times.

What and where upon should we offer respect to , spirituality or mankind's endeavorers through scientific inquiry and discovery ?

• sabastious
    sabastious

I think what repulses people more than anything Sab. is your theoretical stance that everything that happens in this world is

a god's Divine plan and mankind's venture to change this reality to better the human experience is futility wrong and redundant.

You are not representing my beliefs accurately. Let me give you another analogy for clearification. Life is a game with a 64 square board. It has 16 light pieces and 16 dark pieces. The game is not played more than once. A start and an end was always planned. The peices are the humans and whatever they are connected to. Both sides start out with exactly the same thing, but are opposite in playstyle.

The game has been going on for 13.7 billion years. It spans through all time and space including the dinosaurs 65 million years ago and the humans right now. It's all been the same game, but it looks nothing like when it started and many pieces have been removed from the table.

So when bad things happen it's because of the way things work. This is not very different from atheism, it just leaves room for imagination. An infinite amount of scanarios can be imagined where both suffering and a caring creator exist (humans creating for example). There are also scanarios for when a creator doesn't care and they reside right along side every other theory. But the theory that God does not exist runs right into a wall. This is because we don't have all the facts, a fact that science rightly doesn't like. But until they can say that we do have all the facts, they will have to deal with the possibility of being totally and completely wrong.

I believe it's prudent as a human living in this era to, at the very least, leave all possibilities open.

-Sab

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

So where did god come from? Something that powerful and complex had to have their own 'genesis' right?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

So all those people they locked up weren't locked up in vain.

Not completely for if they weren't there as subjects to be observed and analyzed, doctors may have been able to continue with the research

of the matter. As the continuing investigation proceeded it was found that masturbation wasn't the cause of

mental imbalance and mental disintegration.

A predominance of guilt, pressed on by ingrained religious beliefs may have created his mental depression.

I retract my comment where I put blame on religious teachings causing people to go nuts.

They may have actually gone nuts prior to themselves proclaiming to be Jesus Christ, in more practical way those religious teachings

actually helped to identify these people with mental problems. A plus for religious theocracy

• sabastious
    sabastious
    So where did god come from? Something that powerful and complex had to have their own 'genesis' right?

That's the same question as "Where did the big bang come from?" The answer is complicated. God always was is still the working answer I believe.

-Sab

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

NC - re dementia comments. Never thought of it like that. Thank you. Hope you don't mind if I share that idea with some friends elsewhere. I love this forum and those that post on it.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    A plus for religious theocracy

Religious theocracy seems to be the "circumcision debate" of our time. It may be time to cut lose that idea and make a law against religious law. It's ok to have the belief, it's not ok to find ways to slip your belief into the minds of others, including children. However such a law may only exist within an orwellian world where the government is the new Watchtower, which is much worse. Personal responsibility is the answer and unfortunately always has been.

If this were true it would be justified in God to simply watch us muscle through it. Becuase he knows that 25% make it to the top even though 75% perish. That seems to be how the program operates, does it not? The laws are built in life not written down in some cryptic book. However the books do an interesting job and play an important role.

-Sab

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

That's the same question as "Where did the big bang come from?" The answer is complicated. God always was is still the working answer I believe.

ummmm no, it's not the same question, darlin. Ok, let's break this down.

a) we have the big bang caused by natural forces colliding with one another and finally releasing in an explosion that sends the building blocks of life into an ever expanding universe *very simplified version*

b) a singular intelligent force that physically created everything, but this intelligent force appeared out of nowhere and had no beginning

One is caused by purely natural forces, like an earthquake, and one has circular quasi-logic written all over it.

So yeah, not the same question at all which leads me back to my question which is where did this intelligent force come from? You must have a theory on it :)

• sabastious
    sabastious
    So yeah, not the same question at all which leads me back to my question which is where did this intelligent force come from? You must have a theory on it :)

So lets be clear your answer was, "it's complicated" and made effort to dumb it down for me. This is indicative that you see a class difference between us. I would like to note that this class does not exist, but is only within your mind.

My answer will be philisophical which you seem to consider inferior to an explaination using reason and evidence. That's ok and is yet another attempt at quantification on your part. I am to assume your simplification was indeed accurate enough to constitute a true beginning from nothing. Therefore the conversation will continue with an assumption on my part and my idea will seemingly be on the defensive. When the reply is made you willl know this, but not because of anything other than you moved first. Then your reply to my defensive reply will state exactly what makes it defensive. This will support whatever argument that will most certainly be coming directly afterward.

Where did God come from? That's the first question and the answer leads you to your soul purpose. The answer differs based on where and when you grew up on the planet. For me God evolved like the rest of us. He probably lived a life just as us and suffered similar things and has complete and total understanding of the nature of life from the beginning to the end. How does Santa Claus get down the chimney? The answer is ultimately: Christmas is about the spirit of giving.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit