The wonders of God's creation - Example 1, the tsetse fly

by jambon1 319 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab- you are being obtuse, I have no more patience for this conversation.

Would you have me call my creator a monster? I am merely offering an explanation for the fly. I understand that many will see the fly and it's ill effects and call it unnecessary and curse God. There is no harm in it really, but idenifying suffering is not the destruction to theism that you think it is. It's actually just the first step into finding out ways to mitigate or neutralize it. It offers insight into our purpose as a race on this planet. We need people to not die from flies.

-Sab

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Hey Zid, that's why I believe in reincarnation. It explains all that very poetically and logically if you are willing to study. Think of all life as good experiences and bad experiences and one unifying force controlling where everything goes from one life to the next. ..." Sad - er, Sab

Dude, just because you've picked up the "I Ching" and have begun to read it, doesn't mean you understand the concepts behind Eastern mythology...

And while we're on the subject, 'reincarnation' doesn't explain why your concept of "god" - and since you started out with that Bronze-Age Middle-Eastern nomadic males' concept of "god", I'm staying with the theology that you've supported more often on this board - anyway, 'reincarnation' doesn't explain why your concept of 'god' created evil things...

• cantleave
    cantleave
    Why do you keep talking about God like that when you don't believe he exists? You are contradicting yourselves..

I do the same with Doctor Who and Harry Potter.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Somebody needs to mash that stupid "baked potato" analogy

It's an explanation for the perceived ill effects of evolution. Growing pains explains a lot, in my opinion.

-Sab

• ziddina
    ziddina

Mmmmm, yummy.....

Mosasaurs... Which existed millions of years before humans came along, so how can "reincarnation" explain THAT?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    And while we're on the subject, 'reincarnation' doesn't explain why your concept of "god" - and since you started out with that Bronze-Age Middle-Eastern nomadic males' concept of "god", I'm staying with the theology that you've supported more often on this board - anyway, 'reincarnation' doesn't explain why your concept of 'god' created evil things...

We transcend our own existence, we do the work. We have to figure out the fly problem. God is the creative we are the receptive. We are old enough however to start wanting to create things ourselves. And in that process we have destroyed countless life. This exposes "evil" and "wrong" as merely constructs of the human mind. God didn't create evil, he created good which comes with evil. To call God the bad guy when our hands did the killing is not a very substantial argument.

Zid, and anyone else in this thread. If you had a way to painlessly end all human life would you? It would end suffering as well as joy. One button: would you push it? Why or why not?

-Sab

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

Evolution explains it's own 'percieved ill effects'. You don't need some kind of wishy-washy spiritual babble to complicate things further.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Bronze-Age Middle-Eastern nomadic males' concept of "god", I'm staying with the theology that you've supported more often on this board

The Bible describes the serpent as "crafty" not evil.

Genesis 3 - 1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made.

However the serpent used it's ability to craft ideas and used it to sneak into the Garden of God. You really don't think that YHWH would set loose a venomous snake in his garden with his newly created children would you? If you do then I see why you hate him.

There is a reason why God is depicted as innocent in the beginning. It's because he is told as a character who is new at creating things like worlds and humans.

-Sab

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "If I were the potato I might think that I was going to be burnt to a crisp as the oven heated up. ...." Sab

Well, I think we've all heard what Sab's future reincarnation is going to be....

mrpotato head

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Evolution explains it's own 'percieved ill effects'. You don't need some kind of wishy-washy spiritual babble to complicate things further.

Evolution is a designed program with a designer. You are just studying a program. And while you study it you are trying to figure out how it came to be. And if you find that out then I can just say that's another program designed by God. God is a powerful argument, but it is used as a crutch all too often.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit