The wonders of God's creation - Example 1, the tsetse fly

by jambon1 319 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

Maybe you should see things from the tetse fly's point of view.. - Tornapart

Yes indeed, or more precisely from the point of view of the tsetse fly's genome.

Blind, uncaring, amoral natural selection has massive explanatory power. As soon as we insert an unecessary designer we get into the impossible mess we see poor Sab in above.

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

Lets stay away from words like "perfect" and "love" for now.

That's fine. I get the feeling that if we don't, your argument is indefensible.

A creator creates, for good or for evil. A father allows his son to scrape his knee.

There was no evil until Satan rebelled, correct? So God had not intended for evil to exist in his universe, and did not purposefully create it, although he allowed for the possibility. If you take Genesis literally.

Furthermore, what kind of father watches his son fall and does not run to help him? If I knew my son was in danger, I would save him from experiencing it. Especially when we're talking about something as debilatating as DEATH.

Again, you seem to have very specific definitions as to what constitutes a loving and caring creator.

And you don't? I'm sure you do. Besides, how would you define your creator? Is he neither loving or caring? You tell me.

Finally, you cannot equate a man made invention with the formation of our universe by a GOD. Or do you really want to bring God down to the human level? If so, then what use is it to call him a God anyway?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Maybe you should see things from the tetse fly's point of view.. I'm sure he's quite happy with things..

You have something against things that walk upright?

-Sab

• tornapart
    tornapart

You walk upright do you Sab?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    That's fine. I get the feeling that if we don't, your argument is indefensible.

Most people have a fru fru version of love and use it as a cornerstone in their arguments. Real love is intangible and transcends the human condition. We merely glean off of it's splendor. Love is a mystery and mysteries don't work well as foundations for arguments.

There was no evil until Satan rebelled, correct? So God had not intended for evil to exist in his universe, and did not purposefully create it, although he allowed for the possibility. If you take Genesis literally.

God doesn't create evil he's stuck with it in an eternal battle.

Besides, how would you define your creator? Is he neither loving or caring? You tell me.

He is the architect. I am his robot, a good one. I look up at God like my dog looks up at me.

Finally, you cannot equate a man made invention with the formation of our universe by a GOD.

I equate the tsetse fly's blight on humanity to the internal combustion engines blight on humanity. The fly is God's choice and the engine is ours.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    You walk upright do you Sab?

Slight hunch, but yes.

-Sab

• tornapart
    tornapart

Maybe you're the missing link!!

• cofty
    cofty

You worship an impotent prick Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

The "upright" remark was a joke. You have defended both black windows and tsetse flies in less than a day in separate threads. I'm starting to think you have something against people (as in two legs standing upright).

-Sab

• tornapart
    tornapart

As for the tetse fly they got on quite well with humanity until the 20thC, then along came technology in and man messed up his environment...what's new?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit