The wonders of God's creation - Example 1, the tsetse fly

by jambon1 319 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

The suffering brought upon people by this stupid fly is unecessary - Flat Accent

This is the point Sab is doing everything possible to avoid.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I meant the display of love. You knew that, don't avoid the point.

Love, without a designer is just the sum of it's parts. You seem to hold that love is both spiritual and mechanical. I find this to be a sort of contradiction.

So God did create evil? Why was he so pissed about Satan doing his own thing then?

When did I say God created evil? He exists with it. If I said he created it it might be old Watchtower programming coming through.

So If I compare a 3 year old child's building block construction, with the engineers and technicians that designed the Apollo 11 shuttle, that's fair? Gotcha.

Please indentify what the 3 year old specs represent and what the rocket science specs represent. I have missed your point.

-Sab

• cofty
    cofty

Love, without a designer is just the sum of it's parts.

An other deepity. Please stop!

The suffering brought upon people by this stupid fly is unecessary. Your argument is invalid.

The suffering brought upon people by this stupid fly is unecessary. Your argument is invalid.

Stop ignoring it Sab

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

Your other points there we pretty insubstantial, so i'll just explain the third one for you.

YOU want to equate Henry Ford (an imperfect and shortsighted man) with GOD (an all powerful, all knowing creator).

I'M telling you that to make such an argument is to compare the design skills of a 3 year old with those of a qualified, experienced engineer.

Capiche?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oooooo, so you people stopped with the tsetse fly???

But there are SO many more so-called 'creations', that are bloodthirsty, violent, and have such potential to wreak havoc - or have WROUGHT such havoc in the past!!!!

Allosaurus Velociraptors T-Rex Basilosaurus Megalodon Mosasaur Komodo Dragons alligators crocodiles sharks rays eels poisonous jellyfish poisonous octopi scorpions venomous snakes constrictors venomous spiders killer African bees deadly army ants fire ants hornets wasps lionfish puffer fish killer whales centipedes tiny catfish that swim up a man's penis and block the flow, eventually causing death... mosquitoes leeches ticks horse/deerflies poisonous mushrooms & toadstools poisonous hemlock poison ivy, oak, sumac....

Then there are the microscopic horrors...

Salmonella bubonic plague Spanish flu tuberculosis flesh-eating bacteria leprosy pneumonia liver flukes intestinal parasites brain-eating parasites smallpox cancers dysentery malaria gangrene syphillis gonorreah AIDS rheumatic fever yellow fever measles Alzheimers...

Yeah, SUCH a "loving" god.....

• sabastious
    sabastious
    This is the point Sab is doing everything possible to avoid. The suffering brought upon people by this stupid fly is unecessary. Your argument is invalid.

The baked potato analogy is how I answer the question. There is a period where the potato is unattended when it is being cooked. If I were the potato I might think that I was going to be burnt to a crisp as the oven heated up. It really does look like I will eventually turn to ash. Instead, the cook takes me out of the oven, which is a surprise, and then doctors me up with all sorts of toppings. Now I start to panic again because it looks like the whole process has been to just consume me in the end, which of course it is. But, what happens to the potato? Did it5 have a purpose? It's used as energy for someone's day when the cook serves it to a customer. Maybe the potato reminded that person of their childhood and offered them a good experience.

Where is it 100 years after it was originally cooked? Is there still a potato? Indeed there is, but there's no way to track it, but the peices are all out there accounted for and living the life of wherever they were supposed to go.

-Sab

• cofty
    cofty

Sab- you are being obtuse, I have no more patience for this conversation.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Yeah, SUCH a "loving" god.....

Hey Zid, that's why I believe in reincarnation. It explains all that very poetically and logically if you are willing to study. Think of all life as good experiences and bad experiences and one unifying force controlling where everything goes from one life to the next.

-Sab

• ziddina
    ziddina

Somebody needs to mash that stupid "baked potato" analogy...

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

LOL zid!

you She-Devil, you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit