The wonders of God's creation - Example 1, the tsetse fly

by jambon1 319 Replies latest jw friends

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

Just to add further, if you decide to continue this combustion engine crap.

Was it Henry Fords intention to destroy the environment with his invention? NO. He did not know of the future consequences.

So, by proxy,

Was it God's intention to kill people with his creation?

Choose:

YES - God really is that curmudgeonly.

NO - God didn't really know what he was doing and made a mistake.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab, did you notice that your IC engine has double overhead cams?

Cars take me to Disneyland and need oil when they get sick.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Then god need a bloody good kick in the balls.

I would love to hear your ideas on how to do this. Not to do it, but just to see how it's done. It would be very helpful information to the world.

-Sab

• tornapart
    tornapart

Sab.. you've outwibbled yourself.. think you're on the wrong thread...

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Was it Henry Fords intention to destroy the environment with his invention? NO. He did not know of the future consequences.

Whoa whoa, Ford wasn't an inventor he was a business visionary. He knew damn well what bringing the automobile the world on a massive scale was going to bring: Crashes! Drunk driving, people eating donuts while driving, people changing the radio station while driving. It was all well within his imagination.

-Sab

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

I disagree. Modern biology and psychology go extremely into love, but they are very new.

I meant the display of love. You knew that, don't avoid the point.

God is good and Evil is bad.

So God did create evil? Why was he so pissed about Satan doing his own thing then?

I am a robot, you are a robot. Comparing builder to builder is not fallacious.

So If I compare a 3 year old child's building block construction, with the engineers and technicians that designed the Apollo 11 shuttle, that's fair? Gotcha.

• cofty
    cofty
    Love is just a word, for us, but words hold great power. - Sab

This is what Daniel Dennet has called a "deepity"

It refers to a statement that has (at least) two meanings; one that is true but trivial, and another that sounds profound, but is essentially false or meaningless and would be "earth-shattering" if true.

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

Whoa whoa, Ford wasn't an inventor he was a business visionary. He knew damn well what bringing the automobile the world on a massive scale was going to bring: Crashes! Drunk driving, people eating donuts while driving, people changing the radio station while driving. It was all well within his imagination.

Well, my bad about the inventor thing. But in that case, the problem lies not with the design, but those who use it. On an environmental scale, there is a problem - but as I said, the reprecussions were unknown at the time. Neither of these fit with our tsetse fly - the problem is innate in the design, and to a God, the consequences were known and he still went ahead with it.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Was it God's intention to kill people with his creation?

Choose:

YES - God really is that curmudgeonly.

NO - God didn't really know what he was doing and made a mistake.

The creator of the robots and their home understood the suffering needed to get the robots to an autonomous state. There is little reason to believe that the creator makes his robots go through unnecessary suffering. Any suffering must be part of the program or the designer is flawed. The argument that a robot can consistantly indentify what suffering is just and what is not just would make the robot the designer. Which is why we are starting to build robots! So now we have two designers.

-Sab

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

The suffering brought upon people by this stupid fly is unecessary. Your argument is invalid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit