Are you an athiest and why?

by LouBelle 100 Replies latest jw experiences

• d
    d

I started to become in 2008 and finally was one in 2009. I had doubts at 15 and started to ask a lot of questions. I then in 2009 finall became atheist after realizing I could truly feel the presence of God. I then in western Civ class realized the many other God's of times past. I used to ask family members if God exists then what about aliens, werewolves and monsters? I put God in the same category as Fairytale creatures.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

uhm, excuse me d, but god may not be real, but werewolves definitely are.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I am an Atheist because the idea of god/gods doesn't make sense.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'm an agnostic. I cant prove what God I believe in.

I like believing there is something more out there, but cant prove it.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The gods that men made up through his own imagination never existed but that doesn't mean its not possible .

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I'm an Atheist simply because no other conclusion is logical to me. Skimming the beliefs of other factions of Christianity, of more traditional religions, etc. has led me to the same conclusion. The Bible makes no sense to me as being the word of any god, seeing as how I know the history behind it. No all-powerful god would allow his "loving letter" to be so corrupted through time.

I will say, as I've said before, that I am a practicing witch... Now, to many that doesn't make sense because doesn't that entail believing in a god and goddess? Not in my view. It's entirely possible. I believe in energy that we all possess and that is in the world around us...in everything. Not "god", but real scientifically proven energy. I also believe that it can be manipulated and focused. I'm not talking Harry Potter shit, here lol. Many have noted the "power of prayer" in affecting change. But the change is something you've brought about YOURSELF through your own focused positive thoughts. Not because someone is on the other end listening and "answers" your prayer. But because you focused your own energy and perhaps asked others to do so in your behalf, you affected a change by working WITH that energy in your every day life. Positive thinking and a positive attitude are proven to better things in your life. It's a known fact. And that's all I do.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    Are you an athiest and why?

To that I would have to give my standard answer:

"Why not?"

- Lime

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

I am agnostic, but some days atheist.

I’m not open to the belief that there is an all knowing benevolent being, or God; if there was it's doing a lousy job.

However I ask, are there forces beyond our current understanding? Maybe, but I don't think there is any sort of personal care involved.

I liken it to electricity; it does many wonderful things, some good some bad, but does it care? NO

For millennia human beings didn’t have an understanding of electricity, but does that mean it didn’t exist until we harnessed it? NO.

So, to me, there is a minute possibility that there may be something beyond us that we aren’t able to grasp quite yet.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

To me God is like Sasquatch. I find him interesting and don't mind discussing his existence with people. I would love for God/Sasquatch to exist but am not going to hold my breath. What does that make me? Atheist? Agnostic? I guess it just makes me someone who loves weird analogies.

• garbonzo
    garbonzo

Most atheists are an agnostic atheist. No need to differentiate.

I am one also, and my standard answer is also, Why not?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit