More Watch Tower Cost Cutting!!! Smaller Magazine to be Announced

by cantleave 230 Replies latest members private

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

Can someone post a PDF of the letter or screen cap of the site showing this?

• designs
    designs

They could print the Study articles like Kingdom Ministry, might save them a few bucks.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Or have everything online and get the publisher to print out what they need at their own expense

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

That sounds pretty good, ohiocowboy. I'm now looking forward to a new, smaller, softer, triple-ply magazine.

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

@annomaly That would be great!!! I wonder what the watchtower will peddle once everything goes digital? Maybe this is the start to that. Yippie!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Well, they spent lots more money making a "members only" edition of the WT along with a public-appealing one, so I guess something's got to give. We certainly wouldn't want to have the Governing Body start flying in less than first class now, would we?

I remember for years looking for bags to carry in "serve-us" that would fit the magazines. If the magazines fit vertically they usually looked like horse-feed bags. The horizontal ones would let the magazines roll down across the bottom unless you had a "Live Forever" book to keep them up, but those got heavy. I never could get it quite right.

Perhaps with smaller magazines, women can use fashion summer straw bags and men can use those trendy "man bags" I've been seeing in the stores at the Mall. That way at least something about the magazines will be "happifying."

• Room 215
    Room 215

..... can't make 'em small enough to suit me!

• Gayle
    Gayle

I assume they'll be doing it with the Awake also. Actually they should just combine public WT and Awake as one anyway. Booklet size. 8x5 is a handier size.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Reducing the Watchtower magazine is an excellent idea.

A 100% reduction would be ideal.

• dozy
    dozy

Hmmm - am I smelling an early April fool here?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit