IS GOD REAL? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

by still thinking 778 Replies latest jw friends

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

N.Drew if God is your sp father who is your mother?

• N.drew
    N.drew

Sometimes I don't know when people are joking. It's a joke, right? LOL?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

N.drew you could not be more wrong ...... I also had once 'found' what you found. It was an empty box. You can have it all to yourself, but don't for one second apologise for being special enough to have it. It's all yours. I can't believe with all the scriptures etc that we have discussed you would even WANT it all to be true. The god of the bible is a disgusting creation. You are welcome to whatever you believe you have found.

What you said was untrue and presumptious , something that makes you feel better for not picking up a book, it is so lazy and ignorant to proclaim that we are all just blindly accepting bullshit just because you do. We are not like you, quit appeasing your doubts by making childish remarks about REAL FACTS. Duhhhhhh yeah a man said in a book fossils are millions of years old, the fact that museums are full of them is insignificant duuuuhhhh! Since leaving the holy book of batshit behind I have questioned half of what I have seen and everything I have heard.

I don't believe anything I am told, it makes life quite difficult, but such is the lesson of being a follower all my life. You presume until the cows come home that I have not done any research. Oh you really are unlucky when choosing who to moan at, I have gone to a lab and done DNA PCR, I have gone and studied the evolution of horses via their teeth, I have even done Mendelian genetics with corn in a lab. I got my hands dirty and one day I hope to do the miller experiment for myself. I have had more lab coats than you have had books with bibliographies. I have even dissected a full human being from head to toe with all the vestigeal evolutionary remains for me to see and find from palmaris longus to the reccurant laryngeal nerve all the way down to the caecum. You are so barking at the wrong tree N.Drew. The people you sit questioning are NOT armchair scientists or forum contributors. They have worked hard to know the facts they know. You won't even read A book. This week I have done 80 hrs of revision, since Sunday. I have slept less than 14 hrs in 5 days. I have been taught science full time, every hour for 5 years. If you think that is comparable to you and your Jewish scroll, which you have never displayed any deep knowledge of,mthen that's up to you. I don't think you want the truth,you want what comforts you. All the best with that. Disagree? What have you done? How much read, read, read have you done? Stop making assumptions. Out of the two of us, one of us has examined both sides of the fence. I was a bethelite, been there done that.

You are wasting people's time. You have had enough help and attention for me. You. Have gone from asking silly questions to making personal comments in the hope to get a response, knowing the person you are talking to will answer. Not any more. All the best with your life, get in touch when you feel the urge to learn and feel brave enough to stop believing in Santa.... I mean a fatherly god

Snare x

• N.drew
    N.drew

That wasn't nice snare&reacket, but having an opinion is A-OK in my book.

OK, in case the question is legitimate I shall venture to guess that HOPE is my mother.

• tec
    tec

Evolution is not in contradiction with God. Nothing in science is in contradiction with God. Only our past/current understanding of either science or God can be in conflict.

Peace,

tammy

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Van: God hides Himself from the proud
    SBC: ....and exposes himself to the naive. How convenient.
    TEC: Naive is not the opposite of proud, SBC.

No, it's not. But I didn't think Van's statement was completely accurate. (There are plenty of proud people who 'know Jesus.') My observation is that "god makes himself known" to those who are willing to suppress their critical thinking in lieu of just believing. In my opinion, that is naivete.

In a similar vein, JW's in my old cong loved to work the "humble" neighborhoods, which translated to an uneducated, poorer demographic. Those with little education were more likely to accept their glorious message without raising an eyebrow. The "proud" (aka, educated) folks weren't so accomodating.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey Joey Jo-Jo!

"would any christian consider puttting the bible over god as a form of idle worship?"

Yes on page 23 of this well researched and written book intended for believers http://www.christinyou.net/pdfs/Christiantynotrel.pdf .

Religious persons effectively treat the Bible is an idol, and that's why they never find God. The letter versus the spirit...

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

That's not true tec.

Evolution requires mutation, mutation = disease. You can't have variation and perfection. Just because you don't see a conflict does tea it does not exist. It means you don't know enough about one or both topics to see the conflicts. What about gods description of creation and the FACTS that prove it totally untrue? What about the science that says the chronology of gods word is wrong. What about the sciences that make evident where the myths in the bible came from? What about the conflicts within the book itself!

What about your moral conflict with regard to your gods love of murder, punishment, death, worship, self adoration, jealousy, sexism, incest, bla bla bla

What about the conflict that this is all supposed to be about proving we as humans can't rule the earth for ourselves, but god made us all sick, sinful and short living, hardly a level playing field... Adam was supposedly perfect.

There is nothing but conflict in your world view and for the months I have been here we have made sooooooo much of it abundantly clear to you. You clearly are not interested either Tec. A shame as you seem so sincere in seeking answers. I guess you will keep looking if the answer doesn't suit your needs. All the best you two.

Snare x

• tec
    tec

I think Vander (and the on-line dictionary, lol) has a different definition of proud there: arrogant. That is the meaning of the word before 1000AD. The opposite of humble, which is not proud/arrogant.

Peace,

tammy

• soft+gentle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit