IS GOD REAL? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

by still thinking 778 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

Snare...you are a gift....if you were in NZ I'd invite you over for dinner and pick your brain...LOL

Good luck with your exams...and thanks for the fantastic information. You have certainly inspired me...

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

WoOZ,

The particle would explain mass, not the big bang. This kind of matters as everything is made of nothing (atoms are mostly made of nothing) and yet we all have mass. So this is why it is important to find the higgs boson or god particle.

As for not living in harmony, have you ever asked why animals dont either? Have you ever stopped once to ask why lions attack lions? Its interesting and a looooong topic. The answer is not Satan or Adam eating an apple by the way lol.

I know I have said goodbye already but I would like to leave by sharing an image that evokes spirituality even in an atheist, not because I feel the link to a god, but because it puts everything ito perspective. I hope you appreciate the sentiments of my adding it.

See the band farthest to the right, look about half way down.... see that little dot ?

Last century we sent out a satellite called Voyager (it had the vinyl record and image of a man and woman on it) and it had a camera, before it got too far away from us we turned it around and got it to take a photo. The bands are sun rays, the little blue dot..... you guessed it... Earth.

Snare x

P.s. I plan to live in Oz one day so a trip to NZ for some dinner may just take place x

• snare&racket
  • still thinking
    still thinking

so tec...when everyone went to mass....where did you go? Did you take the day off? What about passion plays etc...

ha ha...no...they no longer believe in 'young earth' or that the sun revolved around the earth...but they once did....

bleckkkk........quick....someone change the subject...get me of catholicism....LOL

• still thinking
    still thinking

snare...for some reason I can't see the pictures......just a box with an x

• snare&racket
  • tec
    tec

LOL.

I went to the auditorium like everyone else. But a catholic mass is kind of routine, and easy to zone out if you're 'on the outside looking in'.

Sometimes I think I really just didn't pay attention much to the religious stuff (other than that World religions course, because that was interesting). Because honestly, I never even knew there was such a thing as the trinity until the JW's taught how wrong it was! How does a girl make it through a catholic high school without knowing about that, lol!

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

ROFL tec....I didn't really understand what the hell they were on about with the trinity either....I don't even recall them saying much if anything about a trinity....I think it was more implied by everything they did...ie in the name of the father, the son and the holy spirit...then the JW's 'explained it' and I thought, OH really, is that what they meant....LOL

Geeesh....what a dweeb I was.

Problem was...I really did have a strong faith in God...just not theirs....when I was young I loved the masses...I loved the Jesus stuff. I'll let you into a secret *but don't tell anyone*....I used to go to school early in the morning so I could attend the extra services they did in the chapel...this was when I was around 9 or 10

• still thinking
    still thinking

thanks snare....that makes me feel so insignificant...fantastic picture though

• tec
    tec

I hear you, Still. My faith was always very personal also. Not anything that anyone taught or tried to teach.

That is really endearing that you used to do that as a child, Still.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit