IS GOD REAL? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

by still thinking 778 Replies latest jw friends

• N.drew
    N.drew

Conveniently, it's your own thoughts and desires Palmtree said

This brings us back to what Palmtree said about our thoughts and desires still thinking said

No, I can't believe that there was no intelligence behind the things made. Even though I am sure my opinion of Who God is is peppered by my own imagination, I know God is real because I can't believe everything made itself. And wisdom has come so I will continue to ask for it!

• still thinking
    still thinking

Interesting choice of words N.Drew...."can't"

Is that different to won't?...don't want to? refuse to? unable to?

Can't you believe that, because of prior belief in a God? What if you had never been exposed to teachings of a God...would you believe that everything made itself then?

It's an impossible question isn't it? Because there is no one that hasn't been exposed to belief in a God.

*edit*.....Sorry if that made no sense people....it also made my head go....

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I can't believe that there was no intelligence behind the things made.

So who made the intelligence that made all the stuff?

• N.drew
    N.drew

I wonder how believing in God can be described as "convenient".

It is my understanding that convience makes life easier.

My believing in The Holy One hardly makes my life easier.

• N.drew
    N.drew

still thinking, I might be able to believe that evolution alone made and developed everything if I ever heard that the universe is many millions of billions of years old and if it was proved that energy can magically appear from nothing. But so far I am not able to believe it and I think I will be dead before I have enough proof that a house can build itself. Oh, with a microwave and a TV. Haha!

• still thinking
    still thinking

Maybe it's just the physical things that need to be made poopsie...if we are originally spiritual and god is spiritual...maybe nothing needs to make that....maybe it and we, always existed.

I thought that recently when I read in a book ''when we die, we return from where we came from''

Made me think...*as usual*....where did we come from. Our personalities I mean. Are we simply a product of our genetics and environment. Or did we come from somewhere/something else?

• still thinking
    still thinking

My believing in The Holy One hardly makes my life easier.

Why not, it made my life easier in some ways....I could hand over everything to God. I had no worries.

That could be considered the easy way out couldn't it? I didn't have to think for myself. I just did what I was told...Jesus said ( )....so that's what I should do. Pretty black and white really.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    if it was proved that energy can magically appear from nothing

But isn't this what God did? And don't you believe in that?

• N.drew
    N.drew

But isn't this what God did? And don't you believe in that?

Oh my dear girl. Haha. You are slipping away from on topic. No Bible, remember?

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL...did I quote the bible?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit