IS GOD REAL? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

by still thinking 778 Replies latest jw friends

• N.drew
    N.drew

No, you did not quote the Bible. But it is the Bible that tells us "in the beginning God created the heaven and the earth". So my anwer to your energy question comes from knowing the Bible.

• N.drew
    N.drew

The energy behind creation came not from nothing, it came from God.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I believe our brains have more capabilities than we give them credit for.

I believe everyone has some kind of "intution". Whether we pay attention to it, makes a difference. Who or what we attribute it to - depends on the individual, in my opinion.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Some would say that that is the same thing N.Drew....Nothing = God

Thanks for your contributions everyone....I have to go out now. You have all give me more to think about for the afternoon.

I'm mulling over your spiritual visitation too N.Drew...

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    My believing in The Holy One hardly makes my life easier.

It makes your life immensely easier. You can easily dismiss any idea that doesn't appeal to YOU and feel justified about doing that.

That does not apply to me.

...dismissed so quickly, and without giving it even a second thought.....

I know I'm harping on it now, but this is what is really bothering me about believers right now - the total lack of self-examination. And I'm seeing it over and over again.

It hammers home to me, how much religious belief has hampered mankind.

• N.drew
    N.drew

dismissed so quickly, and without giving it even a second thought

I think you are not in my head so there is no way you can know if that is true or not.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

True.

I'm only going by the approx. response time, minus the time it took to type the response.

• N.drew
    N.drew

You can easily dismiss any idea that doesn't appeal to YOU and feel justified about doing that.

This makes no sense at all to me. It sounds like the opposite of what I understand belief is.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

"I know God is real because I can't believe everything made itself"

Thats a good start. That fact is really hard to believe when all your life you have been told otherwise.

• tec
    tec

This is not enough to make me believe in a god. For some strange reason I can't shake the feeling there is something more. But I still cannot for the life of me figure out if it is just wishful thinking on my part.
    No I didn't think it would be :)

I was just sharing an ex perience. I do think that listening to a lie (even a lie that we tell ourselves about ourselves)makes it harder for us to be able to hear Christ, who is truth. Might be one of the reasons we might need to 'confess' to God; because it leaves us without any lies, and open to hearing truth.

....and exposes himself to the naive

Naive is not the opposite of proud, SBC.

I'm always amazed that the people who know what God wants, God seems to want what THEY want.

I personally have come around to what God wants... I did not bring Him around to what I want. I learned from Him.

Is it possible...... that there is some type of higher power, or God. And we humans sense it. But our problem is we try to label it and put it in a nice little compartment of what or who it is? And that religion has simply taken what we feel and exploited it. Including the bible.

Is it possible that the whole book is just man made exploitation of God?

Just a thought.

Good thought. I think there is a higher power, God, and that humans sense Him; and many seek Him out. ('him' is not wholly accurate... 'him' is a word for us to relate to, and I am just comfortable using it) I agree with you about most religions. And I think your last thought that I bolded is true in part. In don't think of a purposeful eploitation or malicious one for the most part... but rather more of man's 'then' understanding of God, relating as man also did to the world and culture and knowledge and limitations around him. For instance, sometimes I think when a writer stated that God said He is going to send some sort of calamity; that this might rather have been... a calamity is coming because of your actions. Like a warning more than a threat, but they didn't understand that. Same as people thinking that God had said Man would rule over their wives as his punishment for what Eve did... but instead He simply stated what was going to happen. Prophetic.

Little misunderstandings in 'communication' like that. And it might not even be a misunderstanding between God and a prophet... but rather a prophet and his scribe (and the later scribes for later copies).

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit