IS GOD REAL? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

by still thinking 778 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

Is it possible...... that there is some type of higher power, or God. And we humans sense it. But our problem is we try to label it and put it in a nice little compartment of what or who it is? And that religion has simply taken what we feel and exploited it. Including the bible. Is it possible that the whole book is just man made exploitation of God?

Just a thought

• still thinking
    still thinking

To my knowledge God and I do not want the same things other than peace on Earth.

N.drew...This is virtually impossible to prove to anyone else...let alone ourselves.

• N.drew
    N.drew

This is virtually impossible to prove to anyone else...let alone ourselves

I agree. The Spirit can not be proven.

I know myself. I sense The Spirit is much different than me. I tend to go that way, but the spirit pulls in a different way.

A long time ago, maybe 30 years ago, a spirit came to me and showed me myself, and what I had done. I did not tell anyone until just now.

I can't even remember all that it showed me. And yes, it might have been something about myself telling me about myself, but to me that is weirder than believing it was an angel.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Here is my experience from last night...tell me what you honestly think...*without telling me I am crazy please*

I really felt like having a game of cards....Euchre as it happens...it's my favourite. Now I haven't played cards for quite some time but for some reason felt *lucky*..for lack of a better word.

From the moment I started playing I KNEW I was going to win. I have had that exact same feeling before when I have played cards and it always comes to pass. Now, not only did I win....but I won hands down...it was a down trou...*a win win situation for my partner *

At that moment, I realised that I KNEW this would be the result...I felt it in every fibre of my body. I don't know HOW I knew, but I did. I KNEW I was going to win before I even started playing.

Now my point is.....it was the same feeling I had when I used to KNOW that God was real. I know that sounds a bit silly....but it was.

Is this a delusion? Is it fluke? Luck? coincedence? SATAN ? or something else?

• N.drew
    N.drew

I think people have power to sense the future. It has happened to me many times.

• still thinking
    still thinking

How did the spirit come to you N.drew? were you awake or asleep?

• N.drew
    N.drew

How did the spirit come to you N.drew?

I was awake. When people communicate the words take time to say and understanding comes gradually as the words form meaning. But the way I remember the experience it was sudden. Understanding came in an instant. Maybe it was a day dream. Dreams are instant too I hear. But it was a mini biography about me. It was so weird I never told anyone, so I don't remember how it went.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    I sense The Spirit is much different than me

could it be this N.Drew?

An alter ego (Latin, "the other I") is a secondself, which is believed to be distinct from a person's normal or original personality

Do we all have a bit of this? Is this where our KNOWING god comes from?

• N.drew
    N.drew

Is this where our KNOWING god comes from?

I don't think so. If that were true then the "other I" would be the god but a lesser one than the I.

God is greater than I am, of course. :) But maybe the alter ego is where the devil comes from. It seems to me that the alter ego is usually the evil one, isn't it?

• still thinking
    still thinking

Maybe the alter ego is the 'i am'....and the ego the 'I AM'....orrrrrr....maybe it's the other way round..

If the devil comes from ourselves, wouldn't it make sense that God does too?

This brings us back to what Palmtree said about our thoughts and desires doesn't it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit