IS GOD REAL? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

by still thinking 778 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

iCeltic...you could be right...LOL

Do not fear though...I am just hoping something someone says may hit home with me. I agree with a lot that has been said here, and question even more. Those questions will probably never end. At the moment, I am trying to clear my head and for some strange reason I tend to do that by asking questions...or being silly...but today, it's asking questions.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Asking questions is good, very good, something we were never allowed to do before. Check your pm.

• still thinking
    still thinking

will do

*edit* I have replied..check yours

• tec
    tec

I am truly not trying to pull your belief apart, more trying to pull mine apart and see if it can be justifably called knowing. I am really struggling with this.

I understand.

I use four descriptive words for a reason though, and I'm not sure if that might seem a bit pedantic, but calm does not capture that feeling. Calm, quiet, peaceful, and sure. Note also that the feeling is only in accompaniment with the communication. To help me to be sure and to put my faith in what I hear, I think.

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

Calm, quiet, peaceful, and sure.....AND....a feeling that you just have to share what you just got?

I can relate to that.

• cofty
    cofty

Tec I have all those feelings about things at times as well. Once you have enough facts and you are settled in your own mind that you know the best way forward you will naturally feel "c alm, quiet, peaceful, and sure." What has this got to do with god?

I'm sorry but I simply do not believe you when you claim to actually hear god's voice audibly. I think you mean it as a metaphor and don't mind if people understand it literally. You have been asked about it many times and always fail to offer anything specific about the voice.

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Hi,

With the Deist form of thought, mankind is the ultimate form of salvation by his own intect and force of reason this is why I like Thomas Paine and the age of Reason and also Ayn Rand although I don't follow her atheism YET!, man's intellectual capacity and reason will win through eventually, imagine if the whole world in this system, lol!, was controlled by the witnesses no one would be trained as doctors or scientists and man's lifespan would be in the 30's or less due to preventable illnesses, I know mankind get's a lot of things incorrect, but without God who let's realise is a no show.

Surely even the witnesses must realise that their lifespans has been increased to see the failure of their end of the world scenario, and as some others have said who would be educated enough to on their blood commitees and lawyer disputes with authorities if no one went to college!

Regards,

Star Tiger

• tec
    tec

AND....a feeling that you just have to share what you just got?

Not really... I think that is up to me. So far it has been. I may want to share though... and i think perhaps that the more you share the more you recieve TO share.

(I don't say this to argue, just to try my best to be accurate)

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

I'm sorry but I simply do not believe you when you claim to actually hear god's voice audibly. I think you mean it as a metaphor and don't mind if people understand it literally. You have been asked about it many times and always fail to offer anything specific about the voice.

I don't mean it as a metaphor. When I recieve understanding, I might say 'hear his voice', and I mean that as a metaphor for understanding. But I also mean actually hear the voice of Christ. Not in my ears; more within me. But words. Specific like what those words were? I have shared at least one time before.

Peace,

tammy

• mrquik
    mrquik

Let's use science & common sense instead. Look at the watch on your wrist. What is the mathematical probability of all the pieces creating themselves individually & then combining on their own to create a watch. Reasonable anwer & one backed by the science of mathematical probability would be zero. Apply that to a single cell. The odds just grow. Keep in mind that we can't create life & we have better odds. (And equipment. Look at neat things Dr. Frankenstein had & it worked out badly for him.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit