IS GOD REAL? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

by still thinking 778 Replies latest jw friends

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

TEC: no signs are given anymore
    Cofty: Very convenient that with the growth of science and technology that could verify a supposed sign god stopped doing them.

Thumbs up and repetition for emphasis...

• LV101
    LV101

mP did Sophia or the teacher of righteousness heal the sick, cure the lepers, walk on water and do all the other miracles like Jesus -- with real, live, eyewitnesses that were willing to die because of him.

Also what about the humans that follow Christ since then 'til now and their many changes. What else has brought so much change and hope to mankind.

I'm not denying what you say --- all the info on this topic is so interesting and we learn more.

Appreciate ---

LV101

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    LV101: Also what about the humans that follow Christ since then 'til now and their many changes. What else has brought so much change and hope to mankind.

A billion and a half Muslims might ask the same thing about their faith....

• d
    d

Image Detail

• james_woods
    james_woods

One simple fact: We have infinitely more evidence that the Tyrannosaurus Rex existed than we have for God.

• tec
    tec

you've mentioned bias and critical thinking a few times in the past but the application still seems elusive when it comes to faith. If you insist on KNOWING that something unsubstantiated, untestable, unverifiable is true (faith with no time limit, no outward signs, etc...) and you refuse to consider any other possibilities, are you not giving free reign to confirmation bias? The same goes for me or anyone else.

LOL... I think I need you to put this in much simpler terms for me, please. Maybe I'm just tired. I don't know what you're saying.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

Very convenient that with the growth of science and technology that could verify a supposed sign god stopped doing them

With the growth of science adn technology also comes the introduction of other possibilities. Those who want to believe will, those who do not want to believe, won't. Aliens could have done it. Or mass hypnosis. Or a fraud of some sort. Then of course also comes the question of which God did it; what does He want from us. Maybe its a trick of the devil, etc, etc. (especially if it is not the version of God that you want to be true)

As well, belief on its own is meaningless if you are against the one you believe is real.

Put another way, believing in someone is not just acknowledging their e x istance... it is believing in their Name -all the things they stand for and teach - and doing your best to follow them. Plenty believe and go against God/Christ/love, unable to see their own hypocrisy, hurting others, doing as they please. But these are the ones who Christ says that He never knew.

Peace,

tammy

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    I think I need you to put this in much simpler terms for me, please. Maybe I'm just tired. I don't know what you're saying.

Well I haven't learned the fine art of being concise. :-)

Let me try again using a quote borrowed from QualiSoup on YouTube:

How reliable is the testimony of someone who won't consider naturalistic explanations because their attachment to their beliefs will only allow arguments that confirm them?

I ask this based on the following post:

TEC: Maybe you didn't know how to hear Him. He was there for me for a long time, before I understood that. I kept knocking, I put my faith in him to lead me, and I followed Christ as best as I could. I did not even know I could hear in spirit; I did not know such a thing was possible. But I put no limitations on timing for me to recieve understanding, and I stopped demanding a sign (which I was never going to receive, because no signs are given anymore... we must simply follow Christ, in spirit and faith)
  • tec
    tec

I don't see what you are seeing in my post.

I offered some e x planations as to why someone does not hear.

Obviously, another e x planation is that God is not there to hear to begin with. This second e x planation does not need to be stated, as this is what Diamondiiz has concluded (I assume).

Or am I off the mark still, lol?

• LV101
    LV101

sweetbabycheezits --- you're right but what positive change in their lives because of their faith plus the majority of Muslims are not allowed any other belief options. They're on the wrong God as I'm enjoying d's post above.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit