IS GOD REAL? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

by still thinking 778 Replies latest jw friends

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

believing that doesn't make it true.

• cofty
    cofty

I have studied a lot of biology classes ... Just consider your own body and brain. Are they not wonderfully made? - panhandlegirl

The parasite that can only survive by burrowing into an eye and which causes countless numbers of African children to go blind every year is also wonderfully made.

Keep studying.

• cantleave
  • N.drew
    N.drew
    believing that doesn't make it true

This is a true statement in more ways than one.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

On this one thing we are, incredibly, in agreement.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    On this one thing we are, incredibly, in agreement.

Please forgive the indiscretion dear still. Believe it or not. I miss Shamus.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Why did he create viruses Panhandlegirl?

I don't know the answer to that question, but after studying viruses, I have a learnd that they are very smart. When we find something that kills them, they find a way to protect themselves. They put a shield covering over themselves. What do you think? Do you accept science? Do you believe in evolution? I am not sure about evolution, but if it is true, I believe an intellignent mind put it in motion. I do not pretend to know how God put things into being: evolution or creation.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

The parasite that can only survive by burrowing into an eye and which causes countless numbers of African children to go blind every year is also wonderfully made.

Keep studying.

I am not familiar with such a parasite but as you advised, I will study up on it. I am not adverse to learning or other ideas. After all, I did leave the organization after 35 years and growing up in it. I have a large family and no one speaks to me. I have been described by some of them as a "dog who has returned to it's own vomit" so I my feelings are not hurt easily. I knew when I left that I would lose all my family and all the friends I had ever know. I am sure most of you here have experienced the same type of rejection.I am just here to see what other xjws/jws think or are doing.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I'd be keen to hear your thoughts Sab. You seem to be searching, so you obviously have a belief of some sort. What makes YOU feel/think god is real? And how do you know?

I believe in a Creator because of the preponderance of evidence in history pointing to some sort of mystical connection with our ancestors. This can be explain in a Soul Framework, but that's all that is just a train of cohesive thought. There can be only one of two conclusions: 1) The phenomenon of belief to the point of death was in the minds of the people and confirmation bias and false education were used to encourage it to future generations 2) The experiences were verifiable with the 5 senses, but remained unexplained with any science past and present.

According to leading physicists 95% of all reported miracles are perfectly explainable within the known laws of physics. However 5% of the reports are unexplained phenomenon experienced by one, or more, of the 5 senses by more than one person. This is an interesting statistic because a similar utterance may have came from many thousands of years ago between Egyptian scientists. Does that mean that the Egyptian scientists could explain 95% of their environment? Or even 50%? 20%? We know this not to be true. They knew extremely little about many scientific disciplines and even lacked an efficient method. As an Egyptian or Babylonian or Victorian scientist, however, it may be easy to come to the incorrect conclusion that they understand 95% of the way the known world operates.

This also does not mean that the scientists of today do not know 95% of the way the known world operates. However, there must be a margin of error so great as to be able to turn the scientific ship in any direction. The Sails of Science are supposed to be logic and evidence. I believe science to be the study of God and I also believe science to have it's own evolution that started long before Newton or even Aristotle.

-Sab

• still thinking
    still thinking

Wizard...thank you for your replies...I am truly not trying to be pedantic...just trying to convey what I am asking.

I can see that you have a strong beleif and you have your reasons...I am not disputing them. You are entitled to hold whatever belief you wish.

Can I just clarify something? You feel God is your higher self? If this is the case then I think you have a strong case for claiming your god is real.

Still trying to understand, so if I'm incorrect, please let me know. I am keen to know where you are coming from.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit