IS GOD REAL? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

by still thinking 778 Replies latest jw friends

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

Looks like this thread's gone to S#!%, not that I'm surprised.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, Nancy.

If I tell you everyone is asleep/a figment of my imagination, then I have to supply the proof of that. It's not up to anyone else to supply proof it isn't true. If you can't give proof, then I call BS and we leave it at that. But that's the whole burden of proof argument rehashed again just to remind everyone.

• tec
    tec

How they KNOW their God is real. I have absolutely no problem with people having a strong faith, like you, but still thinking was asking how you KNOW, not feelings, voices or looking at the sky but KNOW.

That is how I and others know. Often it is a revelation of some sort. A reality that we cannot deny.

It is a personal knowing. It is not proof for the world.

Peace,

tammy

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

If I said God was a banana and I just know, it's a revelation, you'd be highly unlikely to believe me, tec.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    If I said God was a banana and I just know

I would believe that you believe god is a banana.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

It is IMPOSSIBLE to lick your elbow......

But if you have a good friend who can do it for you, all well and good!

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I have studied a lot of biology classes and the more I have studied, the more I believe there is a God, an intelligent being that has created everything.

I have never seen anything come to be without some force causing it to be. My house never cleans itself, I have to do it. What plans God may have for us, i don't know. I do know the earth is constantly recycling inself, i.e. the seasons, the ocean floor. Maybe we will just be recycled. Just consider your own body and brain. Are they not wonderfully made?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    How is it that the egyptian magicians also had powers to change their sticks into snakes ? Wouldnt they have more shame if their sticks remained sticks ?

They were not magicians in the way we think of magicians. They were closer to what we call scientists now. I don't believe the staff to snakes account actually happened. I believe it to be a representation of the battle of wits that took place between two real men: an Egyptian King and a Rebellious Half Blood and his brother. Think about it this way: if you studied static electricity in the ancient world you are a magic practicer because they had no explanation for the phenomenon.

-Sab

• cantleave
    cantleave

Why did he create viruses Panhandlegirl?

• scotoma
    scotoma

I am an atheist. How could the "Almighty" prove he is really All - Mighty. The assumption is that as humans we could witness an act and determine that it was carried out by someone with infinite power. There may be smarter and stronger entitities or collectives of intelligent etities that are more powerful and intelligent than humans and might even pose as God. But that still falls short of the definition of a Supreme, being.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    an intelligent being that has created everything.

I don't believe all things are designed by God.

I think all the "egg" like things that developed into what we know have been created by God. There are many forces upon reality. All of the forces are not God the Creator. The force of God is Love. The atheists are correct. God has not designed the world we know. He planted the seed. There are other forces upon the Earth. Worms that grow in a person's skin is one example of something God the Creator did not design.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit