It CAN'T go on much longer

by jean-luc picard 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

According to biblical prophecy, we still have a ways to go before the return of Christ.

Just finished reading THE ISLAMIC ANTICHRIST by Joel Richardson and I really think he's onto something. He believes that the Beast of Revelation and the Gog and Magog of Ezekiel will be radical Islam. Before the Antichrist can rise, however, the United States has to cease to be a super power. I disagree with Richardson regarding Daniel's dream interpretation of the legs of iron being a reestablished caliph. I think it's Rome, the last major power (the legs of iron), but he's right on regarding everything else.

Christ cannot come until the Gentiles (Antichrist) comes down upon Jerusalem as described in Ezekiel 38 and Zechariah 12-14. JWs have never been able to interpret prophecy. With their recent article saying the interpretation of prophecy is of no private interpretation, they turn around and privately interpret nearly every prophecy they can get their hands on.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Oh, gosh no. . . IT CAN'T. . . . .

cant it?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I'd tell her that she can spend her life wallowing in misery and concentrating on how bad life is, like members of Christian doomsday religions have for the last 2000, whilst you enjoy the wonders of life and how much better conditions are becoming.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

If I had a dime for every time I heard a JW say, "It (This world) CAN'T go on much longer...", I would be richer then Donald Trump, Rush, and Al Gore, combined. And, the way the JWs categorically emphasize "CAN'T" in tone, it's amazing!

A year ago, I was having a discussion with an 80+ year old JW. We were talking about the changes in the Generation teaching. He retorted, "Well, no one knows exactly when it will happen..." To which, I went into the new "overlappying" generation and how that New Light buys the Society another 100 years. To which he got real mad at me and said, "Well, I tell you this, YOU will see the it happen. I may not see it happen, but YOU will." I'll never forget how he said, "YOU." So pointed. To which I asked, "When?" To which he said, "Soon." to which I said, "Well, no one knows exactly WHEN it will happen." He left the room. Game over.

Skeeter

• mouthy
    mouthy

It is the same crap they were preaching when I got baptized in 1965.......

But that is why they having good results nowadays,because the news sounds bad....
    They should look back to the war I was in 2nd,,,Bombs dropping all around me.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

*** w62 7/1 p. 389 Facing Up to Our Urgent Times ***

Armageddon, the battle of the great day of God the Almighty, is at the door . It will be the greatest catastrophe that has ever struck this earth, greater than even the flood of Noah’s day. This worldly generation, therefore, has not much longer to live , and the less time it has the more urgent it is that the Witnesses sound the warning and point men to the way of escape.

*** w64 3/1 p. 144 par. 3 Youth, Get Saved from This Crooked Generation ***

YOU young men and women living at this time in history are offered opportunities unequaled in the past and never to be repeated in the future ....What makes these the grandest of times in which to be alive with all the vigor and promise of youth is that there is now imminent a vaster change in man’s way of life than that resulting from the deluge of Noah’s day....If you choose the course of least resistance now and go along with this crooked world and its ways, then in company with this whole doomed system of things you will find yourself up against the irresistible forces of God’s Armageddon punishment of destruction....Let us face it. This world has nothing good to offer you.

*** w67 5/1 p. 262 Where Are We According to God’s Timetable? ***

Yet of this we can be certain: the generation that Jesus said would witness those events is nearing its close . The time is close at hand . On God’s “timetable” we are in the closing days of a wicked system of things that will soon be gone forever. A glorious new order is immediately before us .

*** g68 10/8 pp. 13-16, 24-26 What Will the 1970's Bring? & A Time to 'Life Up Your Head' in Confident Hope ***

"The fact that fifty-four years of the period called the 'last days' have already gone by is highly significant. It means that only a few years, at most, remain before the corrupt system of things dominating the earth is destroyed by God....And remember, Jesus said that the end of this wicked world would come before that generation passed away in death. This, of itself, tells us that the years left before the foretold end comes cannot be many ...Would you still doubt if someone told you that winter was coming very soon? Would you say he was just guessing or merely expressing his own idea ? Or would you acknowledge, on the basis of solid evidence, that he knew the facts and was telling you the truth ?....We today have all the many parts of the sign, nearly forty of them, being fulfilled within the same generation, and we have God's timetable, his 'calendar,' showing that the time has nearly run out for the present unrighteous system of things. This is very different indeed from the situation with those who proclaimed an 'end to the world' in earlier generations....The opportunity is still before you, like the open door of the ark built by Noah before the Flood, and like the open gates of Jerusalem when Rome's armies temporarily withdrew. But that door of opportunity will soon close for all time . Prompt action is vital if you would be among the happy survivors of this present system's destruction" (8 October 1968 Awake!, p. 7, 13-14, 23-24, 26).

*** g69 5/22 p. 15 What Future For the Young? ***

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system of things is due to end in a few years . Of the generation that observed the beginning of the 'last days' in 1914, Jesus foretold: 'This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.'-- Matt. 24:34.

Therefore, as a young person , you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone !"

LOL!! We was just tr0llin u!!

• designs
    designs

'as a young person you will never fulfill any career' well they got that one right when they derailed my plans for college and a career in architecture. 1967.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Top Ten signs, that the end is so close:

10) Aux Pioneering reduced to 30 hrs

9) Chicago Bears win the Superbowl

8) Men start shaving their heads

7) Imminent is a name for a new Rock Band

6) That "Generation" teaching gets changed, one more time

5) A Zone Overseer can't afford the gas to travel.

4) A District Overseer can't remember what the words, "soon, or very close" means

3) Rush Limbagh tells you that Evolution was a Conspiracy Theory

2) Circuit Overseers tell you it ok to go to University

1) The declaration of, "The Corporations really have a guilty conscience, and will now return those bonuses".

Then you must run like hell......

• scooterspank
  • mP
    mP

why watch tv for bad news,? if its really that bad outside, a short walk should pass dozens of robberies, rapes, murders during her trip.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit