It CAN'T go on much longer

by jean-luc picard 45 Replies latest jw friends

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

So thats what my mum told me today. I've learned to hold my tongue but I was thinking,

"Why can't it?" What a desperate point of view. Their really desperate for the big A to come. How sad.

And to top it all, she has the news channel on permenantly "just to keep me company!" she said.

I did tell her there, that if shes going to force feed herself bad news then shes obviously going to think the world is awful.

And whats this latest propaganda with the " Armageddon" magazine which she spoke to me about?

Has anybody looked it over?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

What else do JWs have to grasp onto, especially older ones? My father is the same way. He's in his late 70's, and still expecting to see Armageddon in his lifetime. Holding on to this line of thinking is easier than admitting they've wasted their entire lives.

• BroMac
    BroMac

That'll be the public WT that says only the incorrigibly wicked will be destroyed

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

They have to say things like that to remain relavant to others and most importantly to themselves....

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

very upsetting to see JW's in the autumn of their life kind of giving up the fight on account of a lifetime of false promises.

I haven't read the article. Having the news channel on all time with it's messages of doom and suffering is something one of my parents does too. It is endless bad news though so can't be good for one's outlook on life.

mmxiv

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

This is the same crap they were preaching in 1985, when I had my first Bible Study.

We were assured that 1986, 'The International Year of Peace' was going to be a game-changer.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I'm sorry about your mom. But I am sure she recognizes that she is in good company.

If Armaggedon is correctly translated "strife" which is present now, to be waiting for strife to happen in not wise. To love the Lord God with one's whole heart is to be reasonable and wise. So then assuming heaven is real and armaggedon is present and heaven knows it, how do people believe they obey the God of Love if they are waiting for something bad to happen, but it happened already?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Sadly the way this religious organization manipulates and exploites people with its soon to come end of this system of things,

created a huge amount of seniors who weren't preparing for retirement and are now living in desperate impoverishment.

Which when its realized further forces people to hold onto the end will hopefully come soon. A cruel and vicious circle of mental

manipulation by this religious publishing house

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

ah yes, it HAS TO arrive in their lifetime doesn't it. I remember one elder who kept going on about 2005. He hung his entire hope on it. He was injured and not working. I guess he told himself this everyday, it HAS TO be soon. It CAN'T go on much longer. Ironically I did get my wife to agree that the system still has alot of time left to it

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

My dad will be turning 70 next year. 35 years of waiting, but the song remains the same. "We're so close to the end now." I get sick of it, but it's too late to change him really. He'll go to his grave waiting for Armageddon, i'm quite sure. And perhaps that's a more moral decision to let him believe it, instead of helping him see that he just gave up half his life, all his money, and his dreams for something imaginary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit