It CAN'T go on much longer

by jean-luc picard 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Alfred
    Alfred

When I was in, there was an elder in my congo who would literally beg Jehovah to bring justice very soon whenever he had the closing prayer during KH meetings. His voice would usually crack and he always sounded desparate. At the close of a Service Meeting (during which they showed video of KH builds in Africa), he got so emotional during the closing prayer that I looked up and saw him with eyes shut really tight while he squeezed his hands tightly and begged Jehovah to bring his Kingdom... I thought: "does he even realize that he's begging Jehovah to kill 6 billion people as soon as possible?"

I think you'll find a lot of over-loaded elders saying the same thing all over the world... "It just CAN't go on much longer"

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The sad thing is that people like that do not realise that what is giving them the angst is the religion.

Once you leave the desire for an end to "this System" diminishes as you realise all the wonderful achievments of man, and the potential for marvellous stuff in the near future.

Yes, we still feel for the poor people who are starving, oppressed, suffering the rigours and traumas of war, ill health etc etc but we are now doing what we can to make this world a better place, even as it is, it is preferable to a "paradise" run by JW's.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Wow. All these replies. Thanks for listenning to my rant.

redvip2000 It's at times like those that i realize that at this point in her life, it's probably better for her to stay in her paradise bliss dream, instead of knowing the truth. Yes I agree.

St George I was never going to school in this old system. Heard that one too

Sizmik. Hi, hows things? Interesting article.

cofty That must be a memorable moment for you. Shame the indoctrination thing has to always get in the way

EVERYBODY I've read all your contributions and apreciate them. Sorry I cant comment on them all.

Cold Steel I remember some group saying the ten horns pictured the European Union etc. That seemed to make some sense back then as they had just named the tenth member. Today they are at 29!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That's what they said--back in 1872. They claimed that it had to end in 1874. Ever since then, they pushed back the date. And before then, it was actually a settlement of an argument as to when the date was coming. This dispute started in the 1830s.

All because of Christi-SCAM-ity. They took "the end of the world" literally. When in fact, that was ripped off from astrology. The proper translation is "the end of the AGE." And that simply means we are nearing the end of the Age of Pisces and approaching the Age of Aquarius. Nothing more, nothing less. And it will be the end of nothing more than Christi-SCAM-ity's dominance.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
  • Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

funny QB.....LMAO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit