Blame the designer and not the product: God and the lame Free Will argument

by Terry 140 Replies latest watchtower bible

• still thinking
    still thinking

Gods free will is much like the WTS free will..you are free to leave...but you will be shunned....is that truly freedom of choice or blackmail?

To have true free will...wouldn't you be able to leave and still be respected and loved? If god gave true free will, wouldn't he love us regardless knowing that we are just human and make mistakes? Instead we are threatened with destruction if we don't do his 'free will'

• N.drew
    N.drew

journey-on nice post!

Free will means free from someone else moving you. It is being tried all the time but not by God. It is being tried by evil people.

I can't make you do, say, or think anything. I can try. My Christianity is about not trying to move you to do something that is not you. But Christianity or as JWs call it Christendom works to be a moving force against you not for you. That is why I believe mainstream Christianity is not harmless. It is a force to move you. Naturally a person will resist and resistance is a bad vibration. But who is causing the resistance? So called good people who's job it is to tell you what is good and right.

Humans do not know what is good and right for the other person. It is called the blind leading the blind. We do not know the way to the "Mountain of YaHWeH" and we cannot see where the pit is. The Christ knows both is what I believe.

• journey-on
    journey-on

It is not "free will" if it was not really decided in a completely free manner by the human. It is not really "free will" if the human is influenced

by outside sources,

Let me put on my literal Bible hat for a moment.

It was decided in a completely free manner by the human. How is it not really free will just because there are outside sources tempting you? We make free will choices and decisions every day with outside influences all around us. For instance, you may know that you really really enjoy a certain recreational drug, but you know there will be consequences if you meet up with your buddies behind the school and indulge. You have a choice. Say no, not today....or, indulge your desire and risk the consequences. Free Will at work. Just because your free will choice might result in suspension, fines, jail time, etc. does not mean that you did not have free will to choose the path you would take.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    So, one is free to suffer his own consequences or reap his own rewards by the choices he/she makes.

Really? . . . When has that ever been true? Even God disagrees with you - " . . . time and unforeseen occurrance befall them all"

• still thinking
    still thinking
    Humans do not know what is good and right for the other person. It is called the blind leading the blind. We do not know the way to the "Mountain of YaHWeH" and we cannot see where the pit is. The Christ knows both is what I believe.

Interesting N.Drew...who told you this? Christ? or humans? Where did this thought of yours begin? Did you get some direct message from God?

• journey-on
    journey-on

N.drew....Thank you and thank you for that thought-provoking post. One thing, though...Why is resistance a bad vibration? (Think transformer)

• journey-on
    journey-on

sizmik: "time and unforeseen circumstances befall them all."

That's right. Everything is in motion, all is going according to plan, and sometimes suddenly, there is a glitch. I believe you have a window of time before your path is set based on a particular choice you made (or didn't make) and you have hurdles sometimes in your way because of the choices of others that intersect with yours. But you always have free will.....you can retreat from the obstacle, jump over it and keep going, or change directions. It is ALL up to you.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    you have hurdles sometimes in your way because of the choices of others that intersect with yours. But you always have free will.....you can retreat from the obstacle, jump over it and keep going, or change directions. It is ALL up to you.

Assuming you're still alive . . .

• N.drew
    N.drew
    One thing, though...Why is resistance a bad vibration? (Think transformer)

I don't know. But I know that people tend to choose the opposite when confronted. I think they stand up in a magnified way. Balance is needed. When a person feels pressure to conform they might go off balance. I'm not going to give examples. But I think off balance defines the world. Why did people 500 years ago accept that the world was flat? In a sense (of tipping to unbalance) it is flat. But that's just my theory. I think intelligence accepted it was flat in a theoretical kind of way. Haven't you met many people who have seemed to have fallen off? I have.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    .who told you this? Christ? or humans? Where did this thought of yours begin? Did you get some direct message from God?

Haha! I don't know. I think it came from the same place that what's his face got the idea for the light bulb.

Edison righty-oh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit