Iran vs Israel and the USA = WW III (Should we be worried?)

by Me Myself and I 89 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shepherd
    shepherd

Nowhere in the contents of that link does the Iranian president say he would use nuclear weapons on Israel. If I missed that part, quote it directly, or shut up.

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

shepherd: You show me that he didn't (see if you like it).

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Sheperd is correct.

• shepherd
    shepherd

"shepherd: You show me that he didn't (see if you like it)."

Listen buster, you called me a liar, you now have the opportunity to prove it. You can't. So you turn the tables and ask me to prove my innocence. Obviously you are wrong and that's why you can't prove the Iranian president said he would use nuclear weapons on Iran. An apology would be in order, although I don't expect one because your social skills have been entirely lacking so far.

I am not going to drag this thread down into an argument between us so I will not reply further. I called you out and you failed to deliver. That's enough for me.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

My question is .. why is it okay for "us" to have the bomb, and not Iran?

We are relatively sane - My dinner jacket and the mullahs are not

• Razziel
    Razziel

The attack will probably go through Saudi Arabia's airspace. They've been begging pretty much everyone behind the scenes for the last few years to stop Iran's nuclear program. They won't give a green light in public, but they'll turn a blind eye, and probably give tacit approval at the highest level.

Ever read of Operation Opera? Regardless of whether strategic goals are met, on a tactical level, Israel is capable of military brilliance. Flying deceptively as a border patrol between Jordan and Saudi Arabia, then conversing in Saudi accents when in Jordanian airspace, then in Jordanian accents when in Saudi airspace. Then flying at altitudes of less than 100 ft to avoid Iraqi radar.

An attack on Iran is a completely different scenario, and much more complex as there are multiple sites to hit. However, the Mossad (Israeli Special Operations) has a significant presence in Iran as well as proxies in some of the anti-Iranian gov't groups. They've had multiple clandestine successes in causing explosions at Iranian facilities and assassinating Iranian scientists over the last couple of years. I expect sabotage from the ground immediately before an air attack to provide deception and confusion in Iranian defenses, and to soften targets.

Iran is a different cookie than North Korea. North Korea poses more of an immediate threat to South Korea regardless of nukes simply because Seoul is only 35 miles south of the border and there are something like 10,000 artillery pieces and hundreds of ballistic missiles trained on Seoul. North Korea is also secular communism and has a history of using threats as a bartering tool. Even before UN sanctions, their economy was abysmal and their people were starving.

Iran on the other hand is a proclaimed theocracy, and does not seem to be using threats as a bartering tool. They are also not an immediate threat to Israel without nuclear weapons. Their populace is also much more educated than that of North Korea, and there are organized groups in Iran that want a democratic government. Before UN sanctions, their economy was the 17th largest in the world, only 50% of it was government planned, and much of it was privatized and publically traded on their stock exchange.

NK is third world and has a quick way to concessions, loans, and aid with threats. Iran is not third world, has an educated populace, and had a vibrant economy before UN sanctions. They don't need threats or weapons as a bargaining tool. And they don't need nuclear power for energy. They don't need highly enriched uranium to power research reactors to produce isotopes to treat cancer patients. Why are they so intent on it?

Personally, when I hear North Korea talk about how they'll turn South Korea into a Sea of Fire, I hear radical propoganda. When I hear Iran talk about wiping Israel off the map, and denying the holocaust, I hear radical ideology. And ideology is much worse than propoganda.

• Zordino
    Zordino

We should be worried, but not as worried if Iran had nukes. Muk-Mud Ima-nut-job is just one of many Leaders in a country that still stones women for .. basically anything and is very corrupt. And all this talk about Iran not being able to be contained in terms of their retaliation methods is not true. They will ofcourse lob missle's in Isreal, cause instability in coutries such as Iraq, afganistan, etc, ramp up terrorist attacks, try to close the strait of Hormus, and basically create as much trouble as possible. But Isreal is not stupid or weak. Isreal, US and some Western countries will give Iran a lesson they sorely need. Ofcourse there will be casualties on both sides, but Irans army and Nuclear bases will be annialated by the west. Sometimes war is neccesary and we cannot prevent our side from having some deaths... Its a WAR! We cannot fear a bully. China will not protect Iran for the fact that the US most likely has already made a deal with them regarding Irans oil. Thats all China and Russia care about.. they do NOT want to see a nuclear Iran either! Once it gets started, the US should also consider knocking out their Leadership and Install a more pro-western democratic goverment. No one wants war but in the long run, the world and ESPECIALY the Iranian citizen's will eventually be better off and be able to develop into a more tolerant society. It won't be easy, but it must be done.

• zzaphod
    zzaphod

What support from the EU can Israel expect? Well the UK usually does what America says, as do the Germans to a lesser extent, France?, depends what day it is, all the others would probably send a boat or a couple of fighters, some of the ex Communist states seeem to be pretty much behind Israel and may throw their weight about. Greece will ask Iran for a loan.

All the best

Paul UK

• Me Myself and I
    Me Myself and I

Shepherd v Joey Jo Jo...............

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

shepherd: I never failed, it's ok for you to turn a question into a question but not for me? Telling me to shut-up, I posted your comments on my wall and everyone is laughting, in case you dont know I live very close to a mosque which in my area there is a high arab presence that believe in Allah, I speak to them on a daily basis and have spoken to them about Iran, you will be surprised what they have to say about these American "pigs", and I did post a link which you failed to look into, don't want to spend some time researching, your loss and as a bonus you will continue to look like a twat.

Hate anything that is not Islam is at every muslims core, some are more extreme than others, they appear nice and one did a very good deed for me, but look a bit deeper, look at their tv programs and ex-muslims channels and you will see a different reality. Their armaggedom is a war, a holy war that all muslims must be a part of and fight, it's nothing like christianity.

Well said Razziel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit