Iran vs Israel and the USA = WW III (Should we be worried?)

by Me Myself and I 89 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Thanks for the map. It is so clear that Syria may well be the key. I also think that China and Russia will be key players as someone else stated. Does anyone know what their strategic interests are?. I once was a peace nik. Living thru 9/11 in downtown NY cured me forever. Israel has no choice. Are there more Jews in the states than in Europe? Perhaps since the end of WWII. Living in NY, people are very pro Israel but there is a backlash. The backlash people whisper to each other.

I don't expect Iran having a bomb is the interests of the United States independent of Israel.

• TD
    TD

Just speculation, but I can't imagine either China or Russia being happy if Israel and a nuclear Iran start lobbing bombs at each other someday. Fallout can travel quite a ways.

It seems like it would be in their own interest to try to stabilize the situation instead of contributing to the present path of destabilization.

• designs
    designs

Russia has shown more aggressivness in military actions while China seems to favor deal making. China has made significant mining deals with Afghanistan, so far they have not been willing to take that route.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Can't imagine China nor Russia wanting to scrap with the US over Iran thinking they should have nuclear weapons, and the US & Israel preventing them from doing so. Despite China & Russia being big economic nuclear powers with large modern armies. No country is a match one-on-one with the US, which is the most technologically advanced and battle experienced of the big 3. I would think China & Russia would see not much to be gained by war, and much to be lost by all to get involved other than rhetoric and threats. It's going to happen. Either Iran will be caught trying to deceive the atomic inspectors, or a false flag military attack against the US in the Gulf will take place that will be the green light to take out Iran's nuclear program. The oil will be stabilized, the global economy not hurt too much, and the big 3 and Israel will be happy. Interesting times ahead.

Think About It

• talesin
    talesin

No biggie. When I was growing up, it was the "Cold War" --- Russia was never a threat.

My question is .. why is it okay for "us" to have the bomb, and not Iran? Oh, because we disagree with them,,, okay.

Fact is, the ONLY nation who ever nuked another was ,,,,,,,, Correct! the US!

food for thought,,, that's all I'm sayin' ...

tal

• vanyell
    vanyell

@talesin Please read your history again. The US did nuke Japan, that is for a fact. It's either that or do a long bloody campaign in subduing the stubborn Imperial Army of Japan. Consider the action as a drastic causterization to stop the bleeding.

• talesin
    talesin

Ummm, van,, yes, I do know my history.

In my humble opinion,,, it was a retaliatory strike from Pearl Harbour. If you check YOUR history, you will find that the US did NOT enter WWII before they were attacked.

Jews were turned away from asylum, as they were from Canada (yes, we bear the shame, too).

France and England were begging for help,, but no, nothing, until Pearl Harbour. The US stayed OUT of the war (due to economic reasons,, ie, MONEY), until the PH incident.

so,,, hmmmm....

t

• vanyell
    vanyell

@talesin.. :) You are also correct to treat it as revenge for Pearl Harbor...

On the second thought, the military is always fond of testing new weapons, so the nuke actually served 2 purposes: revenge and test drive.

• talesin
    talesin

van: Cool that you 'get' it.....

revenge and test drive ..... wow, that is scary, doncha think?

It's okay to nuke all those Japanese fathers/mothers/brothers/sisters/babies for the sake of revenge and a test drive?

WOW

t

• Think About It
    Think About It

The decision to use the atomic bombs against Japan was made after consideration of the losses the Allies would receive if they tried a land invasion of Japan. No doubt the revenage factor of Pearl Harbor played a part in the decision. The fact that Japan was a non-Christian nation, probably made the decision easier.

Need to remember the Allies were in a race with Germany & Japan to build atomic weapons first. If Germany & Japan had developed them first, you could bet they would have used them first.

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit