Iran vs Israel and the USA = WW III (Should we be worried?)

by Me Myself and I 89 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Me Myself and I
    Me Myself and I

This particular bowl of soup has been bubbling for some time now, with various posturing and toing and froing. Looking at the media and the subsequent comments from Israel regarding Iran, it looks clear that something is going to happen soon, very soon....

With Iran having the ears of both China and Russia, Israel having the US and of course we (UK) as the states poodle on the other side. I wonder if this could be the beginning of the end?

I dont want to see war with anyone, but at the same time, the bible does go into prophetic detail about the end of the world as we know it, not that I am am a very good scholar and know all the ins and outs, but i just wonder.

Its got to start somewhere.....could this be the flame to the touchpaper?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I wouldn't worry about it.

If a loving God is in charge, it can only mean good things for the faithful.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I find the prospect of a further armed engagement worrying, people will die, quite often in modern warfare it is non-combatants who die in large numbers, often close to or even more than the official military.

The question is this, do we leave it until they actually have the weapons and then risk them using them, with even more lives lost, or do we act now ?

It is not an easy call, if we act now lives will definately be lost, if we wait there is big potential danger, but not actually quantifiable right now.

Knowing the mentality of the rulers of Iran, and the rulers of Israel, as the intelligence services do, I would say that they may well advise acting sooner rather than later.

Of course whatever happens end-time enthusiasts will shout about it. The reality is that the whole idea of a time of the end is based on...............wait for it...................................... Nothing !

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Don't concern yourself with anything prophetical said in the bible, they were just stories told to create relevance toward the god the

ancient Israelites worshiped. There were many things said by the ancients by select civilizations about what their god would and could do.

As far as a all out war between Israel and Iran, I wouldn't be overly confident, in spite of the recent threats and counter threats.

Iran knows if they started up something with the Israel that the US would join in making the effort a loss cause, nuclear attack or otherwise.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Within the past week, the New York Times reported that a strike by Israel will be extremely difficult. A strike would need capabilties far beyond any surprise Israeli attacks in the past. The article gave details about the capabilties needed. The jets need to be refueld midair. To reach Iran, they must fly through very hostile countries for an extended period of time. According to the article, only one country had the capacity to conduct a surgical strike. Of course, it was the U.S.

I don't believe the Iranian statements that no bomb is being built. The assumption has been that Israel or the US will strike just before Iran reaches nuclear bomb capacity. I wonder what Europeans think b/c I realize I hear American propaganda. Despite President Obama's public posturing, I wonder what the true goals of the US are. They might want the Israelis to strike. If the US strikes, I will fear commuting to Manhattan again.

This is so crucial to Americans. It seems that the public never has a role in determining policies that affect us. Iran has not stopped so far. I don't see what Obama has in his back pocket that will yield a different result. Iran and North Korea having nuclear weapons is very scary. I grew up during the tensest Cold War years. The Soviet Union was so scary. Iran and North Korea are Soviet Union on massive steroids.

I hope that my fears toward Iran are simply programmed by American leaders. In the end, I'd rather expect terrorists than have a large nuclear weapon explode.

• zzaphod
    zzaphod

From a UK prospective, I think Israel will probably strike first and massively, whether they will use nukes I don`t know.

Israel is surronded by countries that don`t want them to exist, so I don`t think they have much choice. The nut jobs in Iran would probably nuke Israel if they had the capability.

As for Obama supporting Israel, well it`s like the UK relying on France to protect us, which since we scapped our aircraft carriers before the replacements were built, is partly the situation we are in! Not an ideal situation.

As Israel is the only democracy in the area, both the US & UK/EU have to support Israel.

Israel doesn`t want Iran to have a bomb, Iran doesn`t want Israel to exist period!

Oh and by the way, the Mainstream media in the UK (especially the BBC) stay just on the right side of anti-semitism, that is to say, they don`t like Israel at all, and tend to pander to the more audiable of our ethnic minorities, but Joe Bloggs in the street is usually supportive of Israel, or at the worst indifferent.

Just my opinion.

All the best

Paul UK

• designs
    designs

You wonder how the strike on Iran would occur. If missles or bombers fly over Jordan and Saudia Arabia will they stay neutral.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Entirely different situation if Iran is allowed to develop nuclear weapons. Iran doesn't want Israel to exist, has the ability to affect world oil prices, and has supported world terrorism. In short, they cannot be allowed to develop nuclear weapons. There is no viable threat to them needing nukes for defense purposes, and they cannot be trusted not to strike Israel first. Israel had shown it can be trusted not to strike a Muslim country first with their nukes.

All Iran has to do is give full disclosure to the UN Inspection Agencies and they will be fine. Any deception could risk a possible consequence similar to Iraq. The leaders have Iraq as an example of how things can turn out in a tense political situation, so no need to play games with the Inspection Agencies.

A first strike by Israel could only be effective with US help. Israel would only put a dent in any Iranian nuclear weapons progress, and the tactical first strike could unite Muslim allies into a muti-natonal attack on Israel, terrorist strikes around the globe, and no doubt an attempt to close the Strait of Hormuz.

IMO, despite all these bad things that could happen.... if you think Iran is bad now, just keep letting them build nuclear weapons. At this point you make it extremely clear to Iran the consequences of any report that confirms moving in the direction of nuclear weapons development. If that line is crossed, then Israel should be given the green light to strike with full US support.

The questions are....is Israel prepared to defend itself in a conventional war? Is the world prepared for the increase in terrorist strikes, and to what extent will China & Russia get involved?

The whole situation outcome depends on Iran. Do you trust them to make a sane decision? However, do not underestimate the possibility of a false flag event against the US in the SofH to instigate and ignite this whole terrible situation.

Think About It

• designs
    designs

Is Israel prepared for the counterattack.

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

I simply can't see China and Russia letting Iran go into the control of the West. Russia isn't oil poor, but China doesn't have a ton of the stuff. Iran is the last big oil prize in this region. US got Iraq, UK got Libya, and now they want Iran too? Might be just too much..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit