The "invisible" Elephant in the room: ELDERLY JW's nobody provides for

by Terry 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

As Slidin Fast pointed out, probably most JW's do not know how the Millions campaign was directly tied to the prediction of 1925.

So, in view of the "I made an ass of myself" admission of total error by J.F.Rutherford, an honest person has to ask how

the Watchtower Society could possibly have the guts to publicize this False Prophecy?

This Means what it says. It is a fact. -Investigate.

• Quentin
    Quentin

The most insidious and poisonous blowback from an END TIMES obsession in this religion is that the FUTURE is fantasy only and not a REAL EVENT which requires actual preparation in a practical way.........Terry....

Yup...no question about that point and sadly for those of us who left thirty or, forty years ago it may have taken years to get that wt haze out of our mind. I was forty-two before seeking higher education. My daughter was eighteen going to college, and there was dear old dad going to college as well. Something wrong with that picture.

Although the late process has helped in old age, it was wt think that held me back from doing what I should have done when I was twenty-five, instead of forty-two. Of course I suppose could have become a full bore wt company man, perhaps working my way to the top, becoming a bethel heavy weight, or gb member. We all had that option, yet which would be the practical road to follow with less chance of failure?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

is that the FUTURE is fantasy

Which nevertheless creates people into a exploitable commodity for the WTS.

The viral corruption of the WTS. is covered over with a smile by a person who is not your real brother or your real sister.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    The only logical conclusion I can think of is that the Watchtower Governing Board Members have always been afraid how contradictory it
    might seem if they DID encourage savings for old age, DID set up volunteer hospice, DID organize around donations earmarked for the old and infirmed.
    This would be a tacit admission the promises of urgency in the looming END were being hedged by bets on the contrary outcome.

That is a logical conclusion, Terry - but my cynical conclusion is that the Governing Body Board Members simply do not give a shit. After all, THEY are taken care of for life - no fear of being sent out to "pioneer" when they get too old to bind books or pack magazines into boxes.

One other little nasty aspect of this neglect were all the years that they told married witnesses not to have children (end was too close). So a lot of true blue witnesses getting old now do not even have kids to take care of them.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Just a thought: Maybe if the governments were made aware of how WT Theology creates an unfair burden on society they would do some about it.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

"...Tell me what year is the longest I'll need to reasonably and faithfully wait before it is obvious YOU ARE WRONG.

Just give me the date. If we're still standing here with the same old "wait on Jehovah" and I'm infirm and penniless--it is ON YOU!.."

Terry, Tim kilgore (Tuesday) has an interesting video along the same lines.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

If you go to the Jah Jireh web site you will read there that the brothers running the charity are practically begging for donations in order to maintain their care homes simply because the UK authorities have stopped subsidising elderly people in care homes and concentrated on care in a persons home enviroment instead. The effect of tight bank loans is affecting their expansion plans as well.

The top officials of the Watchtower book publishing company are well and truly protected in old age as long as they carry out company policy and do not rock the boat or start whistle blowing. The vagaries of the rank and file do not affect them so why should they even begin to have empathy with the ordinary Witness. The Governing Body need a taste of their own medicine but I can't see that happening as they will make sure Governing Body first in the life boats everybody else for themselves.

Another point to consider is the fact that any kind of charity donation other than donations to Brooklyn is severly frowned upon so how come a minority group of UK witnesses can appeal for charity other than through the Watchtower Society I mean why stop at care homes why not a seperate witness food aid programme or employment opportunities etc. the list is endless.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"And one of the nastiest little episodes in this practice was dumping all those old Bethelites who may not have had family, and certainly did not have any social security benefits."

I'm sure they were needed out in the "field" to bring in more sheep!

I know for a fact that there are a lot of people in their 30's, 40's and 50's who are still in the borg that are NOT listening to the BS about not preparing financially for the future/retirement. They are quietly "storing up treasures on earth" cause subconsiously they know the big A and WT are BS. I'm not speaking of every single Jdub but a good 75% of them in that age group. At least thats what I see in my area.

This is very true. A young Elder (under 40) recently explained his strategy to me of building his pension in one trade union then transferring to another one to build his 2nd pension. I couldn't resist commenting that he obviously must not believe THE END is "right around the corner"!

Doc

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Comparing the lifestyle of the senior Governing Body members to ordinary elderly JWS,

GB members do not have to be concerned about their health care because the WTS. provides and covers

all of their HC . They do not have to worry about eating nutritious food to keep their health up, the WTS proves for that as well.

The GB members do not have to worry about comfortable sleeping and living conditions the WTS. provides for that.

Including dental care as well. Lets not forget all the other perks of able to travel just about anywhere in the world and upon arriving

having a bunch of admiring brown nosers treating you like a lofty king .

Typical elderly JWS have usually none of these obtainable attributes to live a comfortable life with.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

SHHHH! We're not supposed to talk about all our secret retirement planning!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit