The "invisible" Elephant in the room: ELDERLY JW's nobody provides for

by Terry 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Terry, Is the quote linking the "millions now living" slogan with 1925 verifiable? That is very damning evidence. The millions slogan has been quoted ad infinitum throughout the literature.

I had never realised that it was part of the 1925 build up. If people realised what bollocks (my favourite word) they subscribe to they would hang there head in shame.

Based upon the argument heretofore set forth, then, that the old order of things, the old world, is ending and is therefore passing away, and that the new order is coming in, and that 1925 shall mark the resurrection of the faithful worthies of old and the beginning of reconstruction, it is reasonable to conclude that millions of people now on the earth will be still on the earth in 1925. Then, based upon the promises set forth in the divine Word, we must reach the positive and indisputable conclusion that millions now living will never die.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Terry-good points, all of them. My parents are rapidly approaching this, father is on medical retirement, mom gets so little retirement money from her back breaking and disgusting labor of working in a medical facility laundry, that it is laughable. They are often telling me how no one ever visits or phones them. They are constantly being asked to ferry people to and from meetings and assemblies, even though they can barely drive themselves in the best of conditions, much less winter or night driving conditions. They own their own home, but can't care for it properly, and I live hundreds of miles away in another state. They've managed to alienate my only sibling remaining in their area by JW ordered shunning.

I have begged them for years to move near me, but they are sincerely incapable of making decisions, as the end is nigh, and should they uproot themselves with armegeddon right around the corner.......

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

This is an important point. My father, a Bethelite, condemned the Society for not providing any charity for its members. Indeed, his draft counseling was done by an older brother being kind, not by Bethel or any other entity. I doubt the GB is destitute in old age. They provide no food for the starving, nothing. Yet Jesus' words are so clear.

They would say no creature comforts here on earth are necessary. Statistics show they are.

It is something that Rick Santorum believes other people's children should not go to college. He agrees with the Witnesses.

The WT believes in dumping things on the government.

• Terry
    Terry

Terry, Is the quote linking the "millions now living" slogan with 1925 verifiable? That is very damning evidence. The millions slogan has been quoted ad infinitum throughout the literature.

I had never realised that it was part of the 1925 build up. If people realised what bollocks (my favourite word) they subscribe to they would hang there head in shame.

Take a look at this:

http://www.strictlygenteel.co.uk/millions/millions.html

• mind blown
    mind blown

I'm glad you brought this up Terry! This is one of my other MAJOR ISSUES with the WTS

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The rub is that planning for the future constitutes a lack of faith.

This was a constant source of contention with my ex wife. I wanted to plan for the future, but her reaction was - there is no future in this wicked old system.

So, how can you accept that the faithful are getting old and at the same time accept the indisputable message of the FDS?

• Terry
    Terry

Here is a news story about a JW grandma attacked by pitbulls:

http://www.ksdk.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=1456566720001&source=taboolaksdk

• Terry
    Terry

So, how can you accept that the faithful are getting old and at the same time accept the indisputable message of the FDS?

Say this to each JW you encounter:

Tell me what year is the longest I'll need to reasonably and faithfully wait before it is obvious YOU ARE WRONG.

Just give me the date. If we're still standing here with the same old "wait on Jehovah" and I'm infirm and penniless--it is ON YOU!

• Zordino
    Zordino

"And one of the nastiest little episodes in this practice was dumping all those old Bethelites who may not have had family, and certainly did not have any social security benefits."

That has gotta be the Lowest of the Low. These WT morons have their head up their ass! If there is a God, do you actually think he chose these A..holes to communicate with? I guess when some of the Old Ex Bethelites are practically out on the street, they can really see how old Jayhoover provide's for their needs. All Lot of Behell folks seem to get used and abused and spit out the tail end of the Borg once they are of no use.

Man that Piss's me off to no End!

• mind blown
    mind blown

LUKE 11:46

Yes," said Jesus, "what sorrow also awaits you experts in religious law ! For you crush people with unbearable religious demands, and you never lift a finger to ease the burden.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit