The "invisible" Elephant in the room: ELDERLY JW's nobody provides for

by Terry 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• venetian
    venetian

Yep, total duplicity Terry. By such contradictory actions they show their true colours - and motives.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Terry,

Ref. Your conclusion : "The Watchtower leaders don't give a damn."

Interestingly, according to Raymond Franz in his Crisis of Conscience, N.H. Knorr actually once admitted to this:

i.e. The JW religion does not care about the welfare of its membership - being concerned only with numerical increase, to the detriment of everything else.

So your conclusion must be correct, when even WTS leadership agrees with it!

Bill.

PS: A fitting end result of this callous policy would be for the JWs to lose the very thing that WTS leadership has placed above everything else - membership. wha happened? may well be right regarding what happens as us baby-boomers age, and their financial contributions cease. It would hit the WTS in the one place that is guaranteed to hurt them - the hip pocket. (No good trying to kick them in the guts, they haven't got any!)

• Terry
    Terry

Excerpt from the Pamphlet and public talk delivered beginning in 1920: MILLIONS NOW LIVING WILL NEVER DIE

Based upon the argument heretofore set forth, then, that the old order of things, the old world, is ending and is therefore passing away, and that the new order is coming in, and that 1925 shall mark the resurrection of the faithful worthies of old and the beginning of reconstruction, it is reasonable to conclude that millions of people now on the earth will be still on the earth in 1925. Then, based upon the promises set forth in the divine Word, we must reach the positive and indisputable conclusion that millions now living will never die.

I don't see any room for an overlapping generation, do you?

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Yeah. I remember my sister at my mom's funeral a few years ago. My sister now in her 60's... back then approaching 60. She was talking to a friend of the family and said something like... "Well, we all thought that the 'new system' would've been here by now..."

Guess what? It's still not here. And they get even older. (So do I... but, that's life.)

As for the WTBTS buying the property... that can be extended into whatever they purchase. I seem to remember some hub-bub about their buying all sorts of new printing presses - way back when... I think it was around 1975-ish... maybe 1976 or 77... it's been a while ago, and I'm sure they've replaced them with even newer equipment since then. If the big 'A' was so close... why invest in larger equipment? Oh, they had some 'tongue-in-cheek'- response to those who may have questioned them, making the person look foolish, or 'not in the know' - so most wouldn't question their actions.

Or, how about their telling folks to not go on the internet, demonizing it... but... if you happen to be on the internet, be sure to check out our web site that we have put up. Huh?

Do as we say... not as we do. It's been that way for a long time.

As for the elderly, they tend to have a 'we take care of our own' line that they use. But... it's qualified with a '...if they are active and in good standing...' asterisk fine print.

Regards,

Jim TX

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

and we all know just how many did die since that talk. If you were there to hear it, u likely aren't here today.

All the GB can do is pray for armageddon. I guess that's their long term resolve for all their prophetic nonsense

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Jesus promised his followers that, if they would put kingdom interests first, they would have food and clothing for the day provided by God. Jesus also said that the Son of God had no place to lie his head. Therefore, there is not guarentee of shelter for Christians. (Matt. 6:25-34)

With this being said, elderly Witnesses who have put kingdom interests first in their life (as defined by the WTB&TS) and do not have the means to provide for their food and clothing for the day are proof of 1 of 2 things:

1) Jehovah's Witnesses are not really putting kingdom interests first as defined by Jesus or

2) There is no God.

For the WTB&TS to take steps to provide for elderly ones in the congregation they would be giving concrete evidence of either #1 or #2.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The business side of the WTS/JWs is a very apathetically cruel side to be sure.

The WTS. is all there when it comes to the exploitation of people by using devious tactics to get them to work for them, but

once you've served what you can do and you are no longer any practical use, they throw you out on the street

to fend for yourself. Mind you the GB members are quite set up until one of them dies.

• Terry
    Terry

Here is the part that always makes me shake my head with frustration:

When members are old they hardly are able to serve the demands of the Watchtower Society. So, if they drop out, get disfellowshipped or become faders it is "good riddance."

If they are DF'd for raising these issues in confrontation, it is a plus for the Watchtower. Why? The DF'ing fires a warning shot across the bow of the remaining congregation members. (If it can happen to old Brother So-n-so, it could happen to me if I open my mouth.)

Net gain! Trimming the unwanted and maintaining discipline among those remaining.

I personally know of a very fine, loyal, unstinting old brother who served faithfully his entire life. He quit his excellent job working at General Dynamics because the society said he wasn't beating his sword into plowshares.

He had a family of 6 to support. His wages went from $15 and hour to under $5 an hour.

He worked 12 to 16 hours a day building mobile homes for 20 years until he was too infirm to continue.

His family went on Food Stamps. He still dragged himself door to door until he had a stroke and his kids had to care for him.

Now, get this! His disfellowshipped daughters whom he had shunned TOOK HIM IN AND CARED FOR HIM until he died while his Son, JW in good standing, did NOT!

At his funeral, the sermon was a recruiting message about HOPE for the faithful since Armageddon was going to solve everybody's problems.

The bitter irony of this will not leave me in peace!!

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Ask Eggnogg, about the elderly and the lack of will, to provide and help those "great cloud of witnesses" who forsook worldy endeavors, now to be wheeled into the back of a Medicaid paid, rest home, sharing three beds per room. Ancient brothers and sisters leave this earthly world, and often no funeral, because they have been forgotten! A few years ago, there was a sister who pioneered for sixty plus years, she got sick and had no money. Medicaid (The States provision, by tax payers to help those not covered by social security, for those who never put money in the system) paid for her housing (Senior housing, medical and food) while her visits from the younger sheep, started to drop off a cliff. At her funeral, which was attended by three people, a long time C.O. was shaken how she had fell through the cracks, and everyone lost touch (lost interest, since she could no longer perform and meet qoutas.)

The moral of this story, the elephants-in-the-room are spoken of in high regard by the (Watchtower) but I believe it's message is for C.O., D.O. and other high Top Brass, the sheep are suppose to support the "annoited ones (not necessarily Christ's brothers, only the GB, and high profile elderly) and are helping the former traveling brothers, while leaving elderly widows and missionaries for Medicaid to provide for. Ancient Christians provided homes for the elderly in the Roman Empire and even went so far as helping those who were their enemies. The Good Samaritian provided food and shelter, medical help, not "Watchtowers and Awakes" and other Books. The difference between the Apostles and early centuries christianity, is their arms reached out to all, not just "good brothers with high positions".

• moshe
    moshe

JWs preach that Jehovah's Kingdom will solve their problems, but shamelessly turn to Caesar's welfare programs to bail them out when they run out of money!! And in many cases the JWs made their own cash-poor situation by following the WT commnads to put the kingdom first! (aka-slaving for the WT publishing corp)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit