Terrible conduct by congregation Elders in hospital room !

by RULES & REGULATIONS 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Cold hard rules, something you would expect from the Pharisees "How come Jesus is allowing that women to clean his feet, pour oil on him, he must be a sinner too! He must not be God's Son, if he is bringing healing infront of sinners!" If Jesus Christ behaved to sinners, with overrighteousnes, would we know he existed?

"I Jesus Christ, I Hate Christians." Mahatama Ghandi

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

What completely dimwitted delusional hallucinating hyper-judgemental Pharisee fools they are....

It most certainly is a spiritual matter, and it's name is Satan. They are totally sick and I feel sorry for them.

• rebel8
    rebel8

WTH? Were they performing Last Rites?

• ziddina
    ziddina

I am so sorry that the elders behaved in such a high-handed, arrogant and heartless manner towards your grand-nephew...

On the other hand, I am thrilled that his girlfriend, and if I understood the OP correctly, his or her immediate family[?], were shown the TRUE [edited] "colors" of the Watchtower Corporation through the behavior of those Jehovah's Witness elders...

• sizemik
    sizemik

I hate hearing experiences like this . . . it just makes me want to come over and start drop-kicking arses around the room. Nothing can be said in their defence . . . nothing. They just deserve to be punished . . . severely.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

No surprise here. I'm sure they have Bibles with their names in gold leaf imprinted on them from Stoops. Why yes they would likely have four door cars and children who are out screwing anyone they can get thier hands on.

• noni1974
    noni1974

It happened to me as well. I was at my uncles death bed and an elder told me to leave and find another place to wait for news of my uncles death because my presence was making people uncomfortable, it was because I am Da ed. I was sitting right next to my dying uncles bed when he said that to me. I left the room and gathered my stuff. I told my mother I was leaving. She tried to talk me out of leaving, but it was too late as far as I was concered. I went downstairs and called a cab to pick me up. In the mean time my mom called me on the phone and tried talking me into coming back. By that time I was crying and very upset. My mom put my aunt on the phone and she told me that the elder over stepped his place and no one felt uncomfortable around me and no one had asked this elder to say anything to me. My aunt told me that I was needed by both my uncle who was dying and his wife, my aunt. Not to mention my handicapped mother who I was helping to care for while she waited to hear news of her brother. I came back after my aunt came downstairs to talk to me in person and she made me feel better. In the end the elder left and I stayed.

When I say I understand, I really understand. It hurts and is absolutly out of line when elders do these kinds of things. That situation is why I googled JW's and found this board and other boards. Up to that point I was happy to live my life leaving them alone and them leaving me alone. That day an apostate was born and I have that elder to thank for it. My eyes were opened because of his treatment of me. I found out exactly what the JW's are.

I have another situation invloving my mother who is supposed to have surgery that I'm dealing with now. She was supposed to have it last Friday but it got cancled because of a medication mix up at her nursing home. I was told that an elder from the HLC would be there during my mom's surgery. I have been worried that something like that would happen again while my mom was in the hospital. I got the chance to meet the elder Friday because my mom was almost taken to surgery and he was there. He seems nice enough and treated me well, so I'm not as nervous about anything bad happening again.

I'm sorry that this happened to someone else. They only have the power over us we give them. Tell the person that this happened to that the elder has no right to ask him to leave. Then tell him if he does it again to get hospital security and have the elder removed.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Next time, if it ever happens again, call them on their bullshit. You could say something like "make me." or "your god can't hear you if I'm in the room?" Or, "I don't know who you think you are. This is my grandfather and I'm staying in here. Do you want me to call the security guards?"

That is a terrible thing for them to do. And don't discount how rude it was by saying some elders are nice. Those particular elders need their asses kicked.

• Scully
    Scully

Some people just need a kick in the nuts.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Why couldn't they offer the prayer 3 days later? What are they thinking, someone who is expected to die in 2 days is going to return to being a reinstated witless in that time when it often requires 3 years or more?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit