Terrible conduct by congregation Elders in hospital room !

by RULES & REGULATIONS 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

The Sheppard

I wasn't in the room to know what happened and why my cousin was asked to leave. I do know that my uncle was counseled many times by the Elders not to have visits in his home by his disfellowshipped grandson. Someone told the Elders about the visits and maybe that had something to do with why he was asked to leave the room.

• TheSheppard
    TheSheppard

Thanks Rules for clarifying further.

I agree with you tenyearsafter that they were out of line. That being said, I find that some posts or stories are told in a way that will provoke a desired sentiment that is why I sometimes look for a logical reason for someone's actions.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Screw the frutage of the spirit. Rules are rules.

• paladin
    paladin

About Elders conduct, like the time two Elders dropped in to talk to me about having 15 minutes FS time. This happened when I was in a hospital waiting for more tests regarding my leaking heart valve. They were not concerned about my health, just time. What does that tell you about Elders?

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

I'm not posting this thread to provoke a desired sentiment towards Elders. There are many wonderful Elders in the congregations. There are many Elders who are bullies,self-righteous,and pompous.

• metatron
    metatron

I agree that there are still many good men left serving as elders.

And now the mystery: I don't know how they do it. Many of them express private doubt, frustration and unhappiness with the way the organization is going.

The question remains: why is the organization breeding so many heartless, unloving, and frequently corrupt elders?

Here's a clue - after WW2, various Japanese Generals faced execution as war criminals, especially after what their soldiers did in Nanking. They protested their innocence to American victors. They didn't do it, their soldiers did. The US forces replied, "You were in charge, you knew and did nothing or worse commanded these atrocities. You are responsible, either way."

And then we have the Governing Body....

metatron

• oompa
    oompa

spiritual matter, syn.- Pathetic, Sickening

oompa

• irondork
    irondork

I realize the behavior is so shocking in the moment that it is sometimes hard to think clearly how best to respond. But this sort of bulldozing happens because it is allowed to happen by those being bulldozed, often out of more concern for the sick relative.

These take-charge-of-the-situation elders know their tactics work and that's why they use them. They will continue to work because most everyone else has the decency to show repect for the sick relative, and the elders know that too.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The way to handle @$$holes super-fine apostles Elders like that is to PUBLICLY (tho politely) COUNSEL them from their own Bible -- RIGHT IN FRONT OF EVERYONE and clearly show how UNLIKE Christ they are behaving. That they are FAILING as Christians. The example of Jesus with the woman with the flow of blood is one example. (Mark 5:25-34) Are they empathetic and yielding like Jesus was in an unusualy situation? NO. They were "straining out the gnat and swallowing the camel. (Matt 23:24) Enforcing Rules of Men rather than displaying love. (Matt Chap 12) CALL THEM OUT FOR BEING PHARISEES!

Typically none of them have the balls nor the ability to go head-to-head with anyone that can actually USE a Bible. At best they would open their Reasoning Book (and not likely find any applicable information). When they realize that they are out matched, they will put their tails between their legs and attempt to make an exit, perhaps saying something about not throwing pearls before swine in an effort to look like the victor. Turn the tables and remind them that they are doing exactly what the Pharisees did when they could not make a rebuttal to Jesus' words when he condemned them -- the Pharisees withdrew and conspired to kill him because he had public exposed them as hypocrites.

Most of these guys are ignorant baffoons who are BIG ON TALK and SMALL IN CHARACTER. Don't let them feel proud and arrogant. Humiliate them before all onlookers. Publicly demonstrate that they are not "teachers" who can use the Bible, they are not Christ-like, they are window washers who feel superior when they treat another person like sh!t.

DOC

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

What arrogant nutcases to think they cannot pray whilst a d/f person is in the room. Where is the Scriptural support for that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit