What is you occupation

by Beans 91 Replies latest jw friends

• Commie Chris
    Commie Chris

I'm a lawyer for First Nations (native communities).

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

CC is not just a "lawyer" .... but a great and dedicated lawyer to a great cause.

hawk

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I'm a full time volunteer. I manage a Soup Kitchen in the mornings; in the afternoons I do research work for the State Library. And twice a month I'm a facilitator (for three nights each) for Prison Fellowship Seminars.

• termite 35
    termite 35

I'm a Fine Art student,painting lovely young naked men and mixing with people who are much too young for me.

• larc
    larc

Over my life time I have had a number of jobs.

1. lab technician in ceramics research lab, interesting, lots of variety.

2. lab tech, in a quality control lab in a synthetic rubber/latex plant. learned a lot about statistics, worked nights and had a lot of free time to study for my college classes.

3. worked in a perception lab for an aerospace company, one of the most interesting jobs I've had.

4. at the same time as #3 worked for a psychologist administering psychological tests - learned a lot about psych diagnosis.

5. taught psych at a college, but was laid off after 3 years along with one third of the faculty.

6. personnel director at a university - frankly, I was not prepared for this. The place as a mess and I got fired.

7. personnel research for a major corporation, promoted to director of training and education for a major division.

8. asked back to the college where I taught before and enjoyed 15 years there, best job in the world.

9, retired at the end of 1999, because of the y2k problem, 2000 was the year my mind turned to mush, hee hee!

10. work nearly a full time schedule on Simon's board, and do some research as a hobby with a collegue.

• Scully
    Scully

Hawkaw writes:

Scully - where the hell do you live?

I'm in Ottawa, just a hop, skip and a jump away from you

Love, Scully

• Carmel
    Carmel

Came out of retirement to take a position as Executive Director of a county fisheries project on the Lower Columbia River. Great way to put bread on the table, dabble in research and be involved in social and economic issues. Do a lot of fisheries related conferences and working with tribes to re-connect to the resource. Cover the Pacific NW and Alaska.

carm

• Scully
    Scully

Sargon writes:

love those 'i am canadian' profile signatures. can any one tell me where to get one?

Hey Sargon...

I picked that one a few days ago when I was surfing over at http://www.iam.ca Anyway, just "right click" on the image and select "properties" from the menu. You'll see the URL on the window that pops up. Just copy and paste the URL into your "signature line" in your profile. Whenever you post after that, it should pop up.

Love, Scully

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

I want Termite's Job!!!

I can only draw stick people though.

Anne

• Celtic
    Celtic

I work with an independent UK think tank on issues surrounding social exclusion and community regeneration. Social systems design engineering on the grass roots level. (Enabling innovative, energising change through appropriately positioned springboard, platforms).

Also, I'm setting up my own company at present, flood restoration and flood defence.

http://www.can-online.org.uk

No affiliation to the cult awareness network, CAN UK stands for Community Action Network.

Peace

Mark
    [email protected]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit