Exclusive interview with a prosecutor, Steven Unthank, February 21, 2012

by AndersonsInfo 117 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• cedars
    cedars

Hi Barbara, thanks so much for sharing this additional info. It is a shame that the increasing notoriety of Six Screens has overshadowed the exciting announcement of Steven's interview somewhat. It's great that you were able to discuss alternatives with Richard Rawe, but it is totally understandable that the interview needs to proceed as scheduled with so much advertizing tied up in it.

I support the interview 100%, and I am a huge fan of Steven and what he is doing. Hopefully all concerned can learn from the controversy surrounding the interview and find ways to mitigate against it in the future.

Many thanks for all your efforts.

Cedars

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

"Hundreds of Dollars"

Not to minimize his efforst but honestly. I use to pay $3000 a month for a 4 x 6 ad in the Los Angeles times. And that was with a contract. A much smaller paper in LOs Angeles charges about $1200 for the same. I can't see several hundred doing much to attract attention. I was hoping for some Major media interest. Have they been approached?

• sizemik
    sizemik

This thread was posted by Barb . . . about an interview with Steven Unthank and Richard Rawe . . .

And yet it turns into a discussion about Rick bloody Fearon. Don't you think some of you might be just a little bit obsessed? Sure Rick's history here is mottled to say the least . . . but at some point you're going to have to accept his place in the world. Rick has made some improvements . . . but to start demanding apologies etc from the same person you attack tirelessly is about as unrealistic and as dumb as it gets. The world doesn't march to the sound of JWN's drum. Let it go FFS.

The top line of this post is also the bottom one . . . listen to it and become informed.

Does anyone have direct contact with Mr Unthank? . . . wha happened

Steven is a very approachable XJW. He's suffered from his WTS experience just like everyone here . . . and certainly no less than anyone here.

If you really want to keep up to date with his case it's not too difficult . . . he has gone to great lengths to make information available . . .

http://www.jwnews.net/

http://www.facebook.com/jwnews

http://www.stevenunthank.com/

http://www.facebook.com/#!/StevenUnthank

Additionally . . . feel free to email him and ask anything you like . . . [email protected] He appreciates our interest and support.

Edit; I see you picked this up on the other thread wha . . . you're welcome.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think a lot of people were hoping that this was going to be an "aha" moment. Especially those who had to deal with some sick pervert in their congregation, only to learn that the perpetrator was protected and the victim was counciled. Seeing their moment possibly getting lost in controversy, people reacted.

I'll say it again. It is what it is, I hope the message gets through all the controversy

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

The newspapers Richard bought space in are the small free papers that people advertise their "stuff" for sale. They are usually in boxes located in front of stores, etc. The reason he bought space in these papers is because we all know many JWs just love these papers because they like to get bargains. So Richard hoped to get their attention this way. There's a company that owns many of these papers published in the US under different names such as The Exchange, as an example. Also tens thousands of people who aren't JWs but have JW relatives read these papers and Richard hoped that they might be interested in listening to the interview.

That's all I know.

Barb

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

`Thank you for keeping this thread alive. The up and coming interview with Steven Unthank is something everyone is looking forward to.

Sad to say some unhappy concerned posters find The Six Screens net-work an inappropriate venue to host this timely exclusive interview.

If you are one of these posters that is feeling uncomfortable about Unthank coming on Six Sreens then call Richard Rawe and tell him to change the venue for his interview. 509-246-1559

The problem Richard will have is his program on Six Screens is very successful ,bringing in hundreds and perhaps thousands of people and switching to another Internet radio format could jeopardize his already existing audience.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

When are the papers going to run? Our local Subway has these things....

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Uh, is it really wise to post someone's personal phone number on the internet?!?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

it is best not to call Richard, he already knows that we prefer him not to use six screens. He is a stroke victim.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Barbara can call him for us as needed. Easier for him and us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit