Suicide - How many do you know within the JWs

by Lady Lee 234 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I have added a post in the links section of the board

• Balaamsass
  • mamochan13
    mamochan13

I was trying to recall others besides Jaimie. It just came back to me. A former pioneer, a father of at least one grown daughter. I knew him when I was younger and lost contact with him. He jumped off a bridge.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

There were two I was acquainted with from my cong. One had a history of mental illness. The other was a Bethelite who had been "let go" for lack of the proper word and sent home to "Special Pioneer" (Sorry, I cannot remember the terminolgy used. It's when the ORG started downsizing))

And also heard from a cong member that their friend committed suicide.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Shawshank Redemption is one of my favorite movies of all time. How many Witnesses would relate to Morgan Freeman in this scene?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tkzc983aE0

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Suicide - How many do you know within the JWs

All of them who stay in.

Farkel

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I can think of 5 off the top of my head 2- MS's with severe depression. One hanged himself because he couldn't find a wife. The other hanged himself in the barn where his son found him. 1- active witness with bi-polar disorder 1- just d'fed for spousal abuse and jumped off a bridge 1- young sister OD'd (don't know why) she was in my pioneer class Then there were 2 young brothers, one of which I was extremely close to who died over the blood issue

• Glander
    Glander

One in particular. An elder at one time. He had mental problems that caught up with him years after he had been DF'd, divorced and generally went haywire. His girlfriend had left him. He called her on the phone and said goodbye, then, while she was still listening, shot himself in the head with a .38 snub nose Colt Detective special. I know the gun because I had sold it to him years before.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I have known 3. One was like a father to me as mine was not around. I was 13 at the time. Then another was a friend I grew up with but lost contact with when I moved congregations. That one was when I was 18. And the most recent was a woman whos husband was recently DF’d for cheating on her. She decided to forgive him but the embarrassment of his decision led her to end it. This was about 3 years ago. I had heard she was getting more and more depressed waiting for him to be reinstated.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Glander- Sorry to hear that. being connected in any way to someone's death is tough. especially a suicide

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit