Suicide - How many do you know within the JWs

by Lady Lee 234 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

The legacy of this organization is many suicides. How many we will never know. Many suicides are hidden if the person involved has not been active ( per the dub think), but they are victims of this organization and its dictatorial methods. Gone for good, my heart goes out to you, I can only imagine what you have been through. This religion is contributing to these issues by their black or white thinking. If you are thinking of suicide as an option, know there is another world out there for you, there is a world beyond the Jehovah's Witnesses, your life has value, don't think this is an answer. Dont let this farce of a religion claim one more victim

• gone for good
    gone for good

LisaRose -

Thank you for your kind reply.

This event happened 9 years ago when my son was 32.

Presently our lives are as stable as can be expected with 'theocratic' interference being what it is. Such a long and complex story!

Lady Lee ,who I think I remember from Woodbine years ago is the reason I responded to her thread subject.

Tec, Rip, Eva - the compassion and fellow feeling on this board never fails to inspire me - mucha gracias!

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

goneforgood - I cannot begin to imagine the pain you and your wife have been through. I, too, raised my children in a crazy cult. We make many mistakes along the way as parents, trying to do what`s best for our children. It sounds like you`ve recognized the cult for what it is. Hopefully you have been able to find some peace in your life after losing your precious child. Thinking of you.

• wannabefree
  • wannabefree
    wannabefree

I know of an elder that committed suicide in the Chicago area a few years ago (maybe 4-5 yrs), I understand he was well known, more specifically I believe it was in the vacinity of Wrigleyville ... does anybody know the details about this one?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

WBF - Tragic story. I wonder if this is the same young man redvip2000 was referring to in her thread:

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    I wonder if this is the same young man redvip2000 was referring to in her thread:

That is what motivated my search, I was searching for train suicides ... I discovered how tragically common this is.

(The comments reveal he was a disfellowshipped JW)

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

I read the comments this sounds just like the case mentioned by "Redvip2000"

• WatchtowerFree
  • gone for good
    gone for good

Black Sheep-

makes a great point about including not just baptised but those born-in. I would include those even associated from a formative age (3- 18 yrs. ) .

Baptism is not a requirement to have ones worldview and logical/reasoning skill completely perverted by wts teaching. Many taking their own lives as adults, are nevertheless still suffering from abuse or delusions they were subjected to at any of youiths formative stages.

I was an 'elder' during my childrens preteen and teen years and, when my eldest pubescent son developed the classic traits of mental illness. We were viewed as a 'model' JW family (to be presented at our Circuit Assembly as an example.

In reality, we were just hardcore JWs, hardcore critics, hardcore disciplinarians, hardcore ignoramuses, hardcore hypocrites. With a Registered Nurse for a mother, and an 'elder' for a father, my kids had parents who pranced all over two counties pretending to bring 'salvation' to others while not recognizing that we were verbally poisoning the minds of our own beloved children.

When still in high school, my son began to drink, do drugs, listen to hideous, horrifying, vulgar, music. He began to hear and fear 'voices' during that time - but never said anything for years as he thought he was demonized . Where do you suppose that reasoning came from?

Yes many, many, many tormented and destroyed lives, are the direct consequences association with the wts and their teachings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit