Evolution disproved by 11 year old niece

by StopTheTears 285 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

James and Tammy, as I have said before, I have an open mind. I will not be forced into any direction if I am not comfortable with that knowledge. My gut feeling says there is a God and that he cares. Here I take in consideration what I know of the natural world, human nature, the human body, Microbiology, the universe and the Bible. This might indeed be the remnants of Watchtower indoctrination, who knows? I believe that the answers will be forthcoming as time moves along. But to what extent God was involved in creation, I haven't worked out (for myself) as yet. But like you said James, is it that important? Is it necessary? What I do know, I am happy to be here, and enjoy learning and discussing these things. I am much more relaxed, and don't carry an overload of guilt anymore. So far so good.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    But like you said James, is it that important? Is it necessary? What I do know, I am happy to be here, and enjoy learning and discussing these things. I am much more relaxed, and don't carry an overload of guilt anymore. So far so good.

Exactly.

I was reminded by this thread that at one time, the Catholic Church thought that it was an essential tenet of the faith to believe that the earth was the center of the universe, and that everything rotated around the earth.

This was scientifically proven false, and yet no actual or measurable harm to the Catholic faith resulted.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Another good example is Sir Isaac Newton, a brilliant scientist, but also very interested in biblical matters. So it can be done, one must just be careful, balanced, and keep your head.

• cofty
    cofty

Evidence is the ONLY thing that counts. Not dogma, not opinion, not gut feelings, not deeply and sincerely held beliefs. Evidence and only evidence.

Vidqun as I asked before what books on evolution have you studied?

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Cofty, I am going to take you up on the list you gave. Also the Encyclopaedia Brittanica has some impressive references that I am interested in. At the moment I am involved in building operations, and that keeps me busy. But I am busy compiling a list. When finished, I will let you know and you can vet it. Then I will look for them on Amazon. Will keep you up to date with my progress.

• cofty
    cofty

Well done, you will never regret it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit