Evolution disproved by 11 year old niece

by StopTheTears 285 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty
    I think when someone says "evolution disproved" means spontaneous generation can not explain all the life we know and evolution is not proof enough that there is no superior creative force. But it's a dumb way of saying it.

There is no smart way of saying those things.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    There is no smart way of saying those things.

Yes! Cofty master of stating the obvious! Go team!

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

what is dumb are theists mocking science for not having all the answers to the origins of life while at the same time saying that God has always existed with no beginning and no end, he was never created but exists and it is beyond the scope of our tiny brains to understand how.

How is that a better argument?

Oh I know, because theists are right until everyone else proves them wrong even though they themselves have no proof at all - just an old book written by gnostics, compiled by Pagan's, and forced upon the masses lest ye' be burned at the stake.

religion is such a crock of shit.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    God has always existed with no beginning and no end, he was never created but exists and it is beyond the scope of our tiny brains to understand how.

It is not beyond our scope to understand eternity. It is not possible to insert one's understanding of it into someone else's imagination, but it is simple to understand.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    rinky friking dinky brown beetles

Reeky Freeky Dinky Brown Beetles are wibble.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

TD ... I picked up some more human anatomy that a Christian wouldn't like on my med degree,

The palmaris longus, a muscle in the forearm/hand for holding onto branches, we are in the process of losing it with 14% of humans missing this tendon. Tense your wrist and look for a big tendon in the middle of your wrist. (mines missing = less of an ape lol)

The reccurant laryngeal nerve supplies your voice box, but instead of going from your brain straight to the voice box, it very precariously travels down around your heart vasculature, then back up to your voice box. There is no need for it to travel so far away, it needs to only be a few inches in length. A designer would never do this, however when you put evolution in reverse, it fits exactly to the descending heart in embryology of our fish ancestors. The heart over millions of years decends into the thorax and the RL nerve has to lengthen with it and around it.

The gland of the penis has a rear facing rim at its base (like a barb), this is to scrape out opposing male sperm during intercourse before ejaculation.

The eye is shit, there is a terrible blind spot in the middle of our vision, requiring us to constantly shift our vision left to right (subconscious and fast) where the optic disc sits in our retina and no light is received. This has been avoided in other animals where a better design has evolved. Our night vision is crap, we have to look out of focus to see things, I.e. divert the light. Other animals eyes have evolved simple solutions. Obviously god got smarter..

Apoptosis is programmed cell death, babies form from death not life, hands form by killing the cells between the fingers not growths of outward cells. We have the instructions in our DNA to build things we no longer use, tails, horns, muscles, enzymes etc. But we kill those cells off in growth.

Most humans have back ache, it's obvious why, back muscles travel horizontally all down our back because we are supposed to be on all 4's. Now we wander the planet upright, the muscles need to be vertical to cope with the load.

Most humans have incontinence with age and have to learn bladder control as we are not born with it. Why? The bladder has evolved for an animal on all 4's. In an upright human,the bladder freely releases urine requiring unassociated pelvic muscle control to restrain it, not a problem for our ape ancestors who's bladder is ideal for them.

Why we get sick is a really good book explaining how we have evolved disease and how disease has evolved.

Ill leave it there, but let's be honest if there was a god, his design skills wouldn't get him a job with apple! Seriously! What a coincidence evolution explains all these flaws and can be seen in the reversing of evolutionary stages.

• cofty
    cofty
    The eye is shit, there is a terrible blind spot in the middle of our vision, requiring us to constantly shift our vision left to right (subconscious and fast) where the optic disc sits in our retina and no light is received.

And the rest of our retina is covered in blood vessels and nerve cells apart from the spot called the fovea.

Somebody compared it to making a beautiful mirror, then covering it in a thin layer of Vaseline (petroleum jelly) and finally cleaning one little spot.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Hello Cofty,

Hope you are well x

Spot on mate yes, the fovea is the densest region of photoreceptors. Take a peak at this video, I have a gut feeling you will enjoy it..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b71rT9fU-I

• cofty
    cofty

snare&racket thanks that was fascinating. It appears that using the language of colour differently actually affects the way we see the world.

On a completely different topic the Himba girl doing the experiment was very pretty.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Indeed, I saw her perfectly well ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit