Evolution disproved by 11 year old niece

by StopTheTears 285 Replies latest jw friends

• StopTheTears
    StopTheTears

Mary: What's evolution?

Me: Well it's kinda complicated. They think plasma gave birth to monkeys which gave birth to humans. So we all came from plasma and monkeys rather than God. And apparently some of the plasma turned into trees too.

(She collapsed in laughter at this for a full 2 minutes then composed herself)

Mary: So they really think Plasma made monkeys and monkeys made human?

Me: Yeah. They call it science.

Mary: We have monkeys in zoos, right? And we watch monkeys in Africa all the time. Ask them if one has ever been seen giving birth to a human! And if a Monkey gave birth to a human it couldn't take care of it and teach it to talk, right? Ask them if they know of anyone who ever opened a can of worms and found a monkey inside!

Me: you're right

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

So you are filling your niece's head with the same ignorance in yours?

• cofty
    cofty

Please stop lying to your niece, its not nice.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Mary: What's evolution?

Me: Well it's kinda complicated. I don't understand it so I am going to make up some stuff and tell it to you like it's true.

(She collapsed in laughter at this for a full 2 minutes then composed herself)

Mary: So you're really going to try to lie your way out of ignorance?

Me: Yeah. They call it scientifical bullshitting.

Mary:Go be stupid somewhere else.

Me: You're right

• cofty
    cofty

I'm really curious now though. WTF is plasma?

• Dagney
    Dagney

Seriously, please encourage your niece to stay in school.

Thank you.

• N.drew
    N.drew

EP please tell us, where do people come from?

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Assuming the OP is not a joke, if an 11 year old asked me what evolution is, I would let her know that I had not studied it myself and would encourage her to learn how the scientific method works and how evolution relates to it. If the story in the OP really happenend, then it looks to me as though the OP misrepresented both the scientific method and evolution, thereby delaying the 11 year old's progress in her understanding of the world around her. If she goes repeating that to others in the next few years of her life, she will make a fool of herself, and the OP will be partly to blame. I suggest you apologize to her.

• cofty
    cofty

Would you like some book recommendations N.drew?

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Is this a troll thread? Because if it is, it isn't even a very good one. Weak woo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit